Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Footpump  (Read 4842 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Footpump
« Reply #30 on: 17 October 2020, 13:02:10 »

I still use the Dewalt 18V cordless XRP range of tools which I have had for years
As we speak, I am trying to convince 2 of my batteries to take some electricity, but I suspect they've had it.

I'm torn between buying new batts (genuine batts are pricey), or thinking of moving to a new range.  Trouble is, I have quite a lot of the XRP type range, so I suspect it'll be Ching Chong batteries for me, and hope they last a year or 2.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 October 2020, 13:20:30 »

I still use the Dewalt 18V cordless XRP range of tools which I have had for years
As we speak, I am trying to convince 2 of my batteries to take some electricity, but I suspect they've had it.

I'm torn between buying new batts (genuine batts are pricey), or thinking of moving to a new range.  Trouble is, I have quite a lot of the XRP type range, so I suspect it'll be Ching Chong batteries for me, and hope they last a year or 2.

That is racist......not allowed in 2020. :)

I note all the old Disney cartoons have been branded as Racist. :-\ Jungle book......Peter Pan.....you name it. Even Tom and Jerry. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 October 2020, 13:27:24 »

I notice now you get strange looks when walking up the High Street of an evening, and speaking to the missus asking if she fancies a Chinky.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 October 2020, 13:43:55 »

There was a Chinese lad in my year at school and we all called him 'Chingers'  :)

I'm not sure with hindsight whether he minded or not, but I guess we'd all be expelled or excluded now, or whatever the PC term for kicking kids out of school these days is.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 October 2020, 13:56:14 »

There was a Chinese lad in my year at school and we all called him 'Chingers'  :)

I'm not sure with hindsight whether he minded or not, but I guess we'd all be expelled or excluded now, or whatever the PC term for kicking kids out of school these days is.  ::)

.....for even thinking it. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 October 2020, 14:03:06 »

Attitudes have certainly changed.

In 1972 our headmaster (none  of this nancy boy PC 'headteacher crap' back then) told us during morning assembly that he was very proud that the school had no coloured children, and he hoped to keep it that way.

Mr York was his name and he caned me more times than I care to remember.

Decent bloke, but he wouldn't last 5 minutes today before he was dismissed. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 October 2020, 14:08:15 »

The rumour at the time was that he was held as a POW by the nips during the 1939-45 war.

This was never proved but he was certainly a man who took no prisoners......so to speak. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 October 2020, 10:10:37 »

At our school, we had a Japanese kid.  If you beat him up, you'd just get a token telling off.  Land a fist on a white kid though, you really were up before the beak.

No need to ask how I discovered this  :-[.  In my defence, I'd like to point out that I usually only did it out of self defence, and I was bullied a lot at secondary school, probably because I didn't want to partake in the hot muffin stuff (it was an all boys school)
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 October 2020, 10:22:03 »

We had a Polish lad at our secondary school who was a real nasty piece of work and a bully, I was fairly big at 13 years of age and was never really picked on by him until I tackled him while playing rugby , fortunately my father was a pretty good amateur boxer & he always insisted that I stick up for myself and showed me a few moves , he looked pretty bruised after I had finished with him in the playground needless to say my father was called into the school but he backed me to the hilt God rest his soul.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 October 2020, 10:28:17 »

The original Dewalt NICAD batteries that powered the tools weren't of a good standard and they lost their charge very quickly and / or wouldn't charge up at all.
I replaced them with a couple of copy / Chinese NIMH batteries which have performed a lot better, but they need careful looking after and if not used , I tried to charge them once a month.
They are now not lasting as long as they did between charges, plus having smashed the case on one when it fell 6'  from where I was working >:, I have bought two Li-Ion nano type batteries (no doubt from China) plus a genuine Dewalt li-Ion nano charger for them, and the batteries have been great. Two years or so on, and both are performing very well, power the tools well even under hard use and hold their charge when not in use. They also have the useful charge level status lights. Given the tools a new lease of life!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 October 2020, 18:29:05 »

I just ordered a chinky NiMh for it.  Toyed with one of the adapters and some Li Ion but works out expensive once you have bought batts, charger and adapter.  They don't get used that often.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.