Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: £214.20  (Read 1849 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
£214.20
« on: 22 October 2020, 13:57:19 »

....to insure the Indian for another year. :y......this time with the AA.

A bigger excess would have brought it down to a paltry £183.

When I was young and dumb I had no insurance for years. The cops would have to catch me first. ::)

Now I'm old and sensible.....but still dumb. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: £214.20
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2020, 14:31:46 »

One of the few advantages of getting old is cheap insurance. I also didnt bother with stuff such as insurance or even a licence when riding bikes in my teens in the 70,s. It was seen as a sign of weakness, and probably meant you were gay.  ::) ;D
Then in 79 at the end of my teens I paid £636 for third party insurance for a car. That was a lot of money then.  ::)
Tried to stay reasonably legal since then. although its only in the last decade Ive started to accept that speed limit signs might be just more than pointless road furniture.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2020, 14:49:36 »

One of the few advantages of getting old is cheap insurance. I also didnt bother with stuff such as insurance or even a licence when riding bikes in my teens in the 70,s. It was seen as a sign of weakness, and probably meant you were gay.  ::) ;D
Then in 79 at the end of my teens I paid £636 for third party insurance for a car. That was a lot of money then.  ::)
Tried to stay reasonably legal since then. although its only in the last decade Ive started to accept that speed limit signs might be just more than pointless road furniture.  :)

According to the online inflation calculator £636 in 1979 is £2938 in 2020. A lot of money.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2020, 14:52:14 »

I used the old 'Tax in post' approach for many years.

Must have saved me a fortune. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2020, 15:06:37 »

TAX IN POST office.  ;D Or a Guinness label. :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2020, 15:23:33 »

Piece of cardboard in the tax disc holder of my RD250 and Honda 400/4.... :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2020, 15:38:30 »

Remember that well Tax in post saved a fortune 😂 I even taught a mate to drive in a mini van he bought for £50 , I was only sixteen then never got stopped once ! As you say older & sensible now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2020, 17:08:58 »

Spooky, I was talking to an old friend yesterday for the first time in a few years. In our drinking days, before breathalyser or drink drive laws :-[, he had a 1930's Ford Y type, and as long as I knocked around with him, he had a suitably cut Guinness label in the tax disc holder, which we had a chuckle about yesterday. He told me that he was once stopped by a copper looking for some offender or other, and peered at the 'tax' label, my friend saying to his pax: 'This is going to be interesting!' The copper then waved him on. Short of time and couldn't be bothered I guess. ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2020, 18:06:35 »

Ive started to accept that speed limit signs might be just more than pointless road furniture.  :)
meant you were gay.
Just saying ;)
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2020, 18:27:21 »

Nope, just getting older and slightly more sensible.  :P ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2020, 18:50:12 »

I repeat my previous quote ;D

I too am full on gay, as I'm a reformed character after paying my £90 for 4hrs of being patronised. Coffee was an extra £2.  Worth every penny, as clearly doing 80mph on an empty, downhill dual carriageway was dreadfully reckless and irresponsible, and I should instead be staring at the speedo for maximum safety.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2020, 13:27:30 »

I too am full on gay, as I'm a reformed character after paying my £90 for 4hrs of being patronised. Coffee was an extra £2.  Worth every penny, as clearly doing 80mph on an empty, downhill dual carriageway was dreadfully reckless and irresponsible, and I should instead be staring at the speedo for maximum safety.

What's that smell?  ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 October 2020, 21:07:25 »

back in the mid 1960,s i owned an austin a35 . at that time i was a merchant seaman & was on my way to Hull to join a ship called the Bassano that was going down to Walvis Bay ( northwest South Africa, now Namibia ) from there we bunkered at Cape Town then onto Bombay. so i expected to be away from the UK for a few months. the ship sailed from Hull on a Sunday evening but i actually had signed on for the trip on Friday afternoon taking with me stuff i needed, among my stuff was my drivers docs. when i drove to Hull i had with me my wife & a mate of my dads whom was going to have use of the car whist i was away. i was about two miles out of York  when i was pulled up by a panda car. i new the copper he happened to be at the same school as me. anyway after trying to tell him that i would be away for a while he still gave me a 5 day producer. in my absence i was taken to Selby magistrates charge with failing to produce & got fined £550. the copper incidentally was because of his arrest rate was transferred to the cid but was sacked from the force for adding & lying , altering his book to get people done.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2020, 13:14:31 »

Hanging is too good for you and clearly an example had to be made. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.