Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Number plates  (Read 5326 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Number plates
« Reply #30 on: 30 October 2020, 20:24:14 »

I work shifts :P

Unless it's been dumped across your front door, or is being driven around the area by spotted yoofs throwing McDongals wrappers out of the windows, then it probably isn't your concern. Especially if you keep making a fuss about it, as you stand a fair chance of becoming that person...

The community support wombles might have something to say, but unless the car is actually caught in the act of doing something, then there's not much to do. As an aside, if the tax is over a month overdue, then the DVLA might pretend to be interested.

Unfortunately whilst everyone is being scared into staying indoors for no apparent reason, you have more chance of being given a new Bentley of your own than anything actually being done.

Not saying that it's right, but it is a sign of the times :-X

No, once I had reported it as possibly dumped I left the rest to the police, and I was done with it. as you are right about people who hammer on about the same challenge to the police over and over again.:)

However, I am one who cares about the local community, being a police advisor on such issues, and only over the last three weeks I have successfully reported fly tipping (a very real problem in Kent if nowhere else!) with the individuals involved fined by the local council.

Other issues I am also dealing with because, unlike so many out there in our so called "society", I do not look the other way.  Anything that spoils the environment for the general public has got to be tackled and if no one bothers to report it nothing will change.

Yes, I have time on my hands now so give that to the police and local community when I can and the former in particular requires my advice / guidance / feedback.

That and my community work which uses my professional skills and talents stops me falling asleep in my chair and becoming very old very quickly!!  When I cannot do what I do now please someone shoot me!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Good on you Lizzie I too have reported flytippers who were caught & this morning was able to assist our local coppers with some hare coursers who thought that their old Suzuki would get over the fields near me no match for the Range Rover..😄

Well done to you as well Rangie :y :y :y

Someone has to stand up for what is right ;)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 October 2020, 22:24:44 »

Unless it's been dumped across your front door, or is being driven around the area by spotted yoofs throwing McDongals wrappers out of the windows, then it probably isn't your concern. Especially if you keep making a fuss about it, as you stand a fair chance of becoming that person...

Don't the Police and other law enforcement authorities rely enormously on information or intelligence passed to them by members of the public?
If every law abiding member of the public / community felt reporting incidents  'isn't their concern', then the authorities job would become exceptionally harder than it already is. Reporting these matters brings small incidents to their notice; an incident that get continually reported should eventually get some action, even if nothing appears to be done as a result of the initial report. 
You should never under estimate the value of reported incidents - how many serious crimes /  incidents have eventually brought the perpetrators to justice with a small shred of information / intelligence that many would have thought was insignificant at the time? Looking the other way or having the mind set that 'it's not my concern' is burying your head in the sand - especially if it affects your own community.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 October 2020, 23:31:51 »

Don't disagree with that...

My comments were made knowing that Lizzie lives in a mixed housing area and comes across as quite a 'busy' older person who could potentially become a target to those ne'erdowells who might not respond to kindly to being caught out.

Not to say that she, or Rangie aren't absolutely right, but inviting retaliation needs to be a carefully calculated risk ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 October 2020, 08:17:02 »

Driving a 19 year old Bentley, they probably have bigger concerns than the number plate ::)

Its a 2012 Continental GT
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 October 2020, 10:38:50 »

Driving a 19 year old Bentley, they probably have bigger concerns than the number plate ::)

Its a 2012 Continental GT

Hmmm an 8 year old Bentley Continental GT with dodgy number plates and no MOT that gets parked up on grass verges in an area where such cars are unusual should attract the attention of the boys in blue IMO.  ::)

I wonder what's in the boot?  Bags of Columbian marching powder?  A dead body? Bank robbing paraphernalia?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 October 2020, 13:34:26 »

Don't the Police and other law enforcement authorities rely enormously on information or intelligence passed to them by members of the public?
If every law abiding member of the public / community felt reporting incidents  'isn't their concern', then the authorities job would become exceptionally harder than it already is. Reporting these matters brings small incidents to their notice; an incident that get continually reported should eventually get some action, even if nothing appears to be done as a result of the initial report. 
You should never under estimate the value of reported incidents - how many serious crimes /  incidents have eventually brought the perpetrators to justice with a small shred of information / intelligence that many would have thought was insignificant at the time? Looking the other way or having the mind set that 'it's not my concern' is burying your head in the sand - especially if it affects your own community.

Exactly right! :y :y :y :y

I KNOW Kent Police at least, but really all Police Forces,  rely very much on "intelligence" and the public informing them of actual crimes taking place and the possibility of those in the process of taking place, let alone information after a crime has been committed.

Although I am an official advisor for Kent Police with a badge to match, every member of the public has a duty to report anything of concern, no matter how small and incidental it may seem, if there is a possible breach of the law or simply suspicious activity.

That is the only way that our society can be served and protected.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 October 2020, 13:43:35 »

Don't disagree with that...

My comments were made knowing that Lizzie lives in a mixed housing area and comes across as quite a 'busy' older person who could potentially become a target to those ne'erdowells who might not respond to kindly to being caught out.

Not to say that she, or Rangie aren't absolutely right, but inviting retaliation needs to be a carefully calculated risk ;)

Thanks DG, that is appreciated, as it is a very thoughtful statement that could be very true if I got "careless" :y :y :y

But everything I do is in conjunction with my duties for Kent Police. However I am no fool, so would not get in the crossfire of serious criminals now (although I did in my professional life) and just leave that to the officers in blue once I have fed in any intelligence I have.  Round here though thankfully, like in so many quarters, it is usually just low level crime.  Some of the big stuff I actually witness is via expensive cars (hence my interest in the Bentley) with A class drug dealers involved, but once again I do no more than make phone calls IF I have the evidence for police action.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 13:45:09 by Lizzie Zoom »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 October 2020, 14:01:00 »

What if the "baddies" google the reg of the bentley , find this thread, work out who you are  :o
they will read your other posts, find you own an omega  ::)

best drop the Omega round to me to look after Lizzie  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 October 2020, 14:05:55 »

What if the "baddies" google the reg of the bentley , find this thread, work out who you are  :o

;D ;D ;D ;D  No chance Dave! ;D ;D :-* ;)

Don't worry either, no serious drug dealer would drive around in an un-MOT'd Bentley and not pay to have it made legal for the road ;)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 14:08:19 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 October 2020, 14:50:44 »

Don't worry either, no serious drug dealer would drive around in an un-MOT'd Bentley and not pay to have it made legal for the road ;)
Most of the numpties who transport class A for a living drive a wreck which is ripe for a tug, speed everywhere or don't wear a seatbelt. I would drive a euro shitbox hybrid or the like and obey the rules of the road. Least you can do when you have folk relying on you delivering efficiently and on time.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 October 2020, 15:00:56 »

I could take you the tale of one major drug kingpin who got caught because his couriers car was uninsured and got a tug on the M4 Police suspicion was aroused because the driver began sweating profusely, once searched loads of class A on board , the driver sung like a bird to save his neck, the car was a new BMW. These idiots have no common sense at all.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 15:03:20 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 October 2020, 15:01:34 »

Most of the numpties who transport class A for a living drive a wreck which is ripe for a tug, speed everywhere or don't wear a seatbelt. I would drive a euro shitbox hybrid or the like and obey the rules of the road. Least you can do when you have folk relying on you delivering efficiently and on time.

is this your new business plan Uncle Stemo  :-\
you could probably get a big fat grant off Rishi Sunak for that ,plus a free electric car  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 October 2020, 15:08:25 »

Or something anonymous like an Astra estate  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 October 2020, 15:22:07 »

Don't you believe it I've seen enough drug dealers photographs on their prison cell walls, theyv live on a rough council estate with a Ferrari parked outside & wonder how they got caught idiots the majority of them.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 October 2020, 15:33:32 »

Don't you believe it I've seen enough drug dealers photographs on their prison cell walls, theyv live on a rough council estate with a Ferrari parked outside & wonder how they got caught idiots the majority of them.

Yes indeed, and they actually post pictures of themselves on social media with the highly expensive cars and "loads of money" :o :o :o :o

Thank God most of them are so stupid and give the police the heads up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.