Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have finally sorted my next car  (Read 1050 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
I have finally sorted my next car
« on: 20 July 2022, 15:15:18 »

I have been promising wifey a new (different) car for a while, but not coming through. She finally pinned me down to early next year, when the current warranty runs out. Since the passing of doggie, I no longer need an estate. Hers is a 66 plate astra 1.6 diesel, with around 48,000 miles on it. Private sale guide on the trader is c.£9000, trade in c.£7000. Mine has 102,000 miles under it right now, probably nearer 110,000 by early next year, so no brainer, I'll have hers.
The one thing that might speed things up for her is mine going bang before then, so she keeps hoping my poor car will die  :o I'm not letting her near it, she'll find a way of breaking it  ;D
As for her new car, I have washed my hands of it. She takes no notice of sensible advice, and just keeps looking at red, racy looking things.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: I have finally sorted my next car
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2022, 15:19:42 »

I have been promising wifey a new (different) car for a while, but not coming through. She finally pinned me down to early next year, when the current warranty runs out. Since the passing of doggie, I no longer need an estate. Hers is a 66 plate astra 1.6 diesel, with around 48,000 miles on it. Private sale guide on the trader is c.£9000, trade in c.£7000. Mine has 102,000 miles under it right now, probably nearer 110,000 by early next year, so no brainer, I'll have hers.
The one thing that might speed things up for her is mine going bang before then, so she keeps hoping my poor car will die  :o I'm not letting her near it, she'll find a way of breaking it  ;D
As for her new car, I have washed my hands of it. She takes no notice of sensible advice, and just keeps looking at red, racy looking things.

You expect this of a woman? :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2022, 15:20:48 »

The mighty Signum is red and racy. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2022, 16:10:03 »

Do women have a mid life crisis?  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2022, 17:05:51 »

We've always thought that you're a bit of an old woman really.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2022, 17:19:04 »

We've always thought that you're a bit of an old woman really.  ;D

She rarely gets noticed but with 250 BHP she can show a clean pair of tail pipes to most of the young pups she encounters.

" Speak softly carry a big stick" :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.