Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm just goes off!  (Read 1616 times)

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
Alarm just goes off!
« on: 29 June 2008, 21:55:36 »

Omega TD estate has been sat on the drive since Friday, not used it at all. Sitting watching the footie when off goes the alarm. Now all that happened was the horn gave off three blasts then just the indicators carried on flashing. Is it trying to tell me something or is it to be ignored, never happened before.  No obvious attempt at a break in, in anycase it's right under the lounge window so I would have seen that.

Mick

Tafty

• Liverpool
  • This week I am no longer the owner of a miggy!! :(
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm just goes off!
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2008, 22:32:16 »

Maybe you're battery is giving a sign of low voltage - are you able to verify the voltage? Also it may be the switch under the bonnet acting up - you know the one in the middle to the right of the engine bay - Has it been hot/sunny by you today?

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2008, 23:24:03 »

Maybe you're battery is giving a sign of low voltage - are you able to verify the voltage? Also it may be the switch under the bonnet acting up - you know the one in the middle to the right of the engine bay - Has it been hot/sunny by you today?

If it starts ok, think it will be the bonnet switch needs adjusting a tad,
had the same problem, switch was not upright, sorted.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2008, 23:25:37 by iggy21uk »
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2008, 23:35:26 »

yep, usually the bonnet switch, just bend it up a bit. Failing that,(and no personal experience of this one) next thing is the power sounder telling you its internal battery is buggerd. Have read on here the internal battery can leak all over its own circuit board and bugger it completely. So be quick.

Its under the scuttle drivers side next to the drain hole.

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2008, 23:58:09 »

yep, usually the bonnet switch, just bend it up a bit. Failing that,(and no personal experience of this one) next thing is the power sounder telling you its internal battery is buggerd. Have read on here the internal battery can leak all over its own circuit board and bugger it completely. So be quick.

Its under the scuttle drivers side next to the drain hole.

I've had the bonnet up when the alarm went off just to check the switch under there, I'll take  a look at the battery tomorrow.
The reason I've not used the Omega is because I now have another smaller cheap car to run around in, maybe it's telling me hey don't forget me, do they have feelings seems like it  :'(

Mick

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2008, 00:14:56 »

yes they do, and if you leave them too long they get really pissed of and start tripping the alarm while your driving it, usually while your in town stuck in a traffic jam, just to get its own back. Hide your bunny, it could get nasty. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.