Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Politicising murder.  (Read 3638 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Politicising murder.
« on: 11 March 2021, 19:57:31 »

Just to show how low Politicians will sink in pushing their agendas, and give Opti a pink fit......

After the murder of Sarah Everard, Baroness Jones (Green party) has called for a 6pm curfew for men to be implemented in this country !

https://order-order.com/2021/03/11/watch-green-party-peer-calls-for-6pm-curfew-for-men/

Of course these morons also support the right of gender, self indentification, so its going to be difficult to implement.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Politicising murder.
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2021, 20:05:14 »

Come on, Albs. There's politics and there's the Green Party. Everyone knows they're not a proper political party, more a club for lentil munching lunatics, largely ignored in Westminster and, mostly, in the rest of the country.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2021, 20:06:59 »

Do people only get killed after 6 PM then  :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2021, 20:18:44 »

just say that she got her way ..... on the days that I work, I work 0600 to 1800 .... so will I not be able to work? Or will I just have to have a note off my Mum to say why I want to be out from 1800 till 1900? It's a stupid, ridiculous, unworkable, unenforceable thing to even suggest.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2021, 20:24:20 »

just say that she got her way ..... on the days that I work, I work 0600 to 1800 .... so will I not be able to work? Or will I just have to have a note off my Mum to say why I want to be out from 1800 till 1900? It's a stupid, ridiculous, unworkable, unenforceable thing to even suggest.

Don't be daft Andy!  ::)

This is 2021! You self identify as a woman and put a frock on. Job jobbed!  :y        ;D           
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2021, 20:25:30 »

I believe she's being carted off to the home for bewildered lentil munchers.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2021, 20:30:21 »

As I was saying earlier Stemo I watch the television hardly at all now I'm absolutely fed up with the shite that's being spewed out by these imbeciles, I'm in my own world & it's great.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2021, 20:37:29 »

Come on, Albs. There's politics and there's the Green Party. Everyone knows they're not a proper political party, more a club for lentil munching lunatics, largely ignored in Westminster and, mostly, in the rest of the country.

If thats the case, where did all the green energy/ electric cars/ climate stuff come from then ?
The "all men are rapists" mantra has been doing the rounds amongst the feminazis for year. Now its arrived in the house of Lords.
I wouldnt rule anything out of becoming official thinking in this day and age.
The lunatics took over the asylum quite a while back.
We are now the inmates.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2021, 20:55:26 »

If thats the case, where did all the green energy/ electric cars/ climate stuff come from then ?
The "all men are rapists" mantra has been doing the rounds amongst the feminazis for year. Now its arrived in the house of Lords.
We are now the inmates.
Strangely, it just doesn't bother me, and I've stated why before. It's because this stuff only appears on the telly and internet as far as my life is concerned. As you know, I'm married to a headteacher and she's as disinterested as I am. It just doesn't affect our real lives, the people we know and work with are not bothered with all of this shite.
Maybe we just live in the real world. I wouldn't know half of what was happening with regards to BLM, LBGT, Etc, if it wasn't brought up on here.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2021, 21:14:21 »

We are now the inmates.
Strangely, it just doesn't bother me, and I've stated why before. It's because this stuff only appears on the telly and internet as far as my life is concerned. As you know, I'm married to a headteacher and she's as disinterested as I am. It just doesn't affect our real lives, the people we know and work with are not bothered with all of this shite.
Maybe we just live in the real world. I wouldn't know half of what was happening with regards to BLM, LBGT, Etc, if it wasn't brought up on here.

That.

The modern way is to be offended for people who are just getting on with their lives.

The reactionary attitudes represented here are just the other side of the coin.

As they're the same thing, they're equally tedious and pathetic.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2021, 21:14:52 »

My shifts are officially 2000 to 0600, so that's that bo laxed.

What about male policemen? Or firemen? Sorry, persons ::)

One of Ton Ee B Liar's nominations I presume :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2021, 21:21:14 »

It's not real life though, is it?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2021, 21:36:49 »

It's not real life though, is it?  ;D
The House of Lords? apparently not ;D

jimbobmccoy

• Intermediate Member
  • outer london
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2021, 21:51:34 »

By all accounts it’s a male policeman that’s allegedly ‘done the crime’

Best start banning them next I suppose.

Part of me wonders what the world will be like in 100 years, the rest of me is just glad I won’t be here for it.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 March 2021, 22:04:51 »

It was a policeman what done it  :o    ::)   :-\   
allegedly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2021, 22:29:03 »

::) Shouldn't they be curfewed as well?

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2021, 00:07:17 »

I believe she's being carted off to the home for bewildered lentil munchers.  ;D

Stupid bint must have had a few mushrooms added to the lentils. Bloody idiot.
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2021, 13:13:40 »

We are now the inmates.

No, I didn't know. You certainly kept that quiet. ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2021, 13:35:27 »

Yes, more should be done to protect women.  But curfews for men are just plain stupid and impracticable. ::) ::) >:(

Better street lighting, more police patrols in 'danger areas' and the better education of young men to respect women would all be starters to help an age old challenge. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2021, 13:44:47 »

Yes, more should be done to protect women.  But curfews for men are just plain stupid and impracticable. ::) ::) >:(

Better street lighting, more police patrols in 'danger areas' and the better education of young men to respect women would all be starters to help an age old challenge. ;)

Correct. :-* :-* :-*

This is something that has gone on since the dawn of time.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2021, 14:24:10 »

We are now the inmates.

I have to keep repeating it so the dinosaurs among us get used to the idea that it's not a gender specific title. ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2021, 14:35:53 »

I see the body found has been identified as Sarah Everard. I don't want to dwell on the matter but it must have been in some state if identification took this long, it can't have been decomposition as she's only been missing a week.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2021, 14:57:13 »

We are now the inmates.

I have to keep repeating it so the dinosaurs among us get used to the idea that it's not a gender specific title. ::)

I don't do woke or gender neutral.

Man....headmaster
Woman.....headmistress

The sky didn't fall in. :y

Gender neutral is the means by which the 99% have to appease the 1% who don't conform to a specific gender, for fear of this tiny minority getting offended.

Long live gender specific. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2021, 14:58:58 »

I see the body found has been identified as Sarah Everard. I don't want to dwell on the matter but it must have been in some state if identification took this long, it can't have been decomposition as she's only been missing a week.

Still no sign of Claudia Lawrence. About ten years now so her body, if found, will take the form of 'remains' :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2021, 15:15:08 »

There have been bad people who kill other people since Cane and Abel. There will always be bad people who kill other people.
No way of stopping it unfortunately.
It might help if we hung them when they are caught, rather than allowing them back on the streets on licence after a few years.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2021, 15:37:45 »

https://youtu.be/BGASvVqzOa0

Kane and Abel or Adam and Eve. I always find this funny. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 March 2021, 15:52:53 »

https://youtu.be/BGASvVqzOa0

Kane and Abel or Adam and Eve. I always find this funny. ;)
One of his best routines, and there were many.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2021, 16:01:52 »

There have been bad people who kill other people since Cane and Abel. There will always be bad people who kill other people.
No way of stopping it unfortunately.
It might help if we hung them when they are caught, rather than allowing them back on the streets on licence after a few years.
Seconded.

Some spiteful sod even cut the serpents legs off.

I don't subscribe to the argument that lone women are in any greater danger than lone men. Most assaults/attacks are opportunist, and I would wager that whilst the majority of recorded disappearances/abductions involve women and children, half as many again are men... Women and children tend to be missed/reported whereas as it is presumed that a missing male has simply moved on.

It should be noted that the suspect in this case has been looked at for other allegations, and it will probably transpire that he is generally a wrongun and that sadly Sarah Everard wasn't his first victim.

At least she has been found.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2021, 17:09:12 »

I was brought up not to hit girls, my parents said it’s not fair to hit girls, I’ve lived by that simple instruction. Agree with Liz on street lighting that lcd shit is nothing like the old orange sodium vapour lights, may have cost more to run, but saved lives on the street and on the road IMO also less chance of crims hiding in the shadows. But there it is you get what you pay for one way or another. We have this F@c£ing idiot in Eales now getting in the wagon, he’s a fool,

https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan/status/1370320046212448257?s=08.    Think I’ll do a Rangie and put the wireless on ::)
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2021, 17:41:03 »

They've established the principle that they can tell us to stay at home and that mostly we will obey.......  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12 March 2021, 17:41:54 »

I was brought up not to hit girls, my parents said it’s not fair to hit girls, I’ve lived by that simple instruction. Agree with Liz on street lighting that lcd shit is nothing like the old orange sodium vapour lights, may have cost more to run, but saved lives on the street and on the road IMO also less chance of crims hiding in the shadows. But there it is you get what you pay for one way or another. We have this F@c£ing idiot in Eales now getting in the wagon, he’s a fool,

https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan/status/1370320046212448257?s=08.    Think I’ll do a Rangie and put the wireless on ::)

He spends too much time pushing the back legs of sheep down his wellies. :(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 March 2021, 17:55:57 »

He spends too much time pushing the back legs of sheep down his wellies. :(
               Yes he does,his arse is always in my way >:(
Laying a rubber road.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 March 2021, 19:16:27 »

According to one report I saw they've also arrested a woman on suspicion of being his accomplice.Does this mean women need to be subject to a curfew too ??? ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 March 2021, 19:17:24 »

According to one report I saw they've also arrested a woman on suspicion of being his accomplice.Does this mean women need to be subject to a curfew too ??? ???
Probably.

Oh wait, technically we all already are ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 March 2021, 20:28:42 »

I think the aliens are upping they’re game. :(
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2021, 20:48:57 »

I think the aliens are upping they’re game. :(
we've turned a blind eye to you and Dolly's antics so far Rae  :-X   :D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 March 2021, 20:51:29 »

Yes you and your alien friends thankfully. Am I next? ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2021, 20:58:09 »

That’s right Raeturbo, you have hit on the head what I was getting at :y

In the interests of reducing light pollution the street lights have seemingly been reduced to the power of those I knew as a young child, whereby they were fitted with virtually a standard domestic light bulb under a cover with a mosaic of small mirror tiles. Just like then, in the late 1950’s, the street lights only give illumination to about 6 square feet under the damn things. Outside of that there is complete darkness that, I must admit like other women find, scares me when I come home late. Bloody stupid and dangerous!! >:( >:( >:(

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 March 2021, 20:58:54 »

there must be a reason chief Alien is telling us to stockpile mint sauce and kebab skewers  :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2021, 21:10:42 »

No, because we are not dangerous ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Seriously though, in regards to this murder investigation it is clear from what I am hearing and seeing this case could go far deeper than just a one woman killing.  The police operation is intense, with not only a huge presence of officers on the ground still searching land, garages, derelict buildings, even after the body was found, but I noted a police helicopter hovering in one place over the immediate area of the Ashford crime scene for about 30 minutes.  I suspect they were using their specialist camera equipment to survey the open land areas around here, along with the mapping of the crime scene.

All reports suggest that there is far more to this and perhaps, just perhaps but I hope not, further disappeared women could be found.  For so much resource to be applied, I such a widespread manner, between Ashford and Deal, after the body has been found is most unusual. :(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 March 2021, 21:22:01 »

Agree with Liz on street lighting that LCD shit is nothing like the old orange sodium vapour lights, may have cost more to run, but saved lives on the street and on the road IMO also less chance of crims hiding in the shadows.

Surely you mean LED lights?

That are so much better than sodium vapour ones that make your view look like you smeared tinted vaseline on your glasses

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 March 2021, 21:23:38 »

there must be a reason chief Alien is telling us to stockpile mint sauce and kebab skewers  :P
                  I’ll take some butt clenching exercises then🖕
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 March 2021, 21:27:27 »

Agree with Liz on street lighting that LCD shit is nothing like the old orange sodium vapour lights, may have cost more to run, but saved lives on the street and on the road IMO also less chance of crims hiding in the shadows.

[/quote

Surely you mean LED lights?

That are so much better than sodium vapour ones that make your view look like you smeared tinted vaseline on your glasses
                 Of course, but I’m sure I could see more with the amber lights. Perhaps we should have a poll?
Laying a rubber road.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 March 2021, 21:29:48 »

Of course, but I’m sure I could see more with the amber lights. Perhaps we should have a poll?

No need for a Poll.  Just get younger eyes again.  There is no way that the shitty old NaV lamps could provide anything like the output of modern lighting.

It's your eyesight going.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2021, 21:36:54 »

The led lamps around here light everything up perfectly. Plus the fact that most of my neighbours are old, like me, and everyone has security lights that stay on all night. Hard to tell whether it's day or night  ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 12 March 2021, 21:39:40 »

No need for a Poll.  Just get younger eyes again.  There is no way that the shitty old NaV lamps could provide anything like the output of modern lighting.

It's your eyesight going.
                 No, they have a way of knocking them off every other after midnight. You’re probably away with the fairies by then though. :y
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 March 2021, 22:44:01 »

That was, in part, a council response to the austerity nonsense. In Horsham, some petty crime increased in local areas, but that wasn't unexpected given the reputations of those areas. And the least safe place is probably the park which is of a size that it is as dark as Dartmoor in the middle and most assaults are drink related and not exclusively female victims.

If Sarah Everard had disappeared from the middle of Clapham Common, then lighting may have been a concern, but as her last cctv footage shows, she was on a street well enough lit to clearly see all the colours of her clothes.

Swapping from sodium to LED in Horsham actually paid for itself in energy savings several times over, which is unusual for any council idea, let alone one that lasted a couple of years.

Turning off the lights isn't a new concept though, we lived in a so called dark village in the late eighties/early nineties. There were only three street lights in the whole village and two of them were on one estate.

Where we are now has no street lighting and, to date, the only issue we have had in 21 years is one attempted break in, and that was in broad daylight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.