Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Loss  (Read 1493 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Hair Loss
« on: 16 March 2021, 00:28:29 »

Well it's getting to the point in life, my hair is dissapearing fast, started to go thin and now my forehead is going shiny. :-\

My Dad used to use Grecian 2000 and after a while there was decent growth return. ???

Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips/suggestions.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2021, 00:34:50 »

It wouldn't be such an issue to me if I didn't have a 14" scar across my head.  :-\

My little brother started to go bald years ago and just shaved it all off and I think it suits him better & saved him a fortune in shampoo. ::)

My Dad looked very disquished when going bald and younger when it grew back and got rid of the grey.

Me, I just wish I could turn back time (Pre scar) :-X

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2021, 01:33:42 »

Syrup?  ???  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2021, 08:34:34 »

Just let it go mate, not worth worrying about.  :y Yes, mine is disappearing too.  :D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2021, 09:24:18 »

Certainly don't worry about it copy your brother by shaving ,or a number one attachment every week or so that's what I do so it's just a shadow on your bonce..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2021, 09:29:40 »

Certainly don't worry about it copy your brother by shaving ,or a number one attachment every week or so that's what I do so it's just a shadow on your bonce..😁

That was my plan, as I expected to be bald by my mid-twenties like every previous generation of my family we know about. But it didn't happen, and 25 years later I'm going grey.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2021, 10:33:33 »

Expensive transplant or ignore it. Up to you. If I had the money I would have gone for the transplant when I was younger as I hated losing my hair.
Now Im approaching 62, I couldnt give a monkeys.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2021, 12:34:24 »

Just let it go mate, not worth worrying about.  :y Yes, mine is disappearing too. 

Easy said, but when it makes a scar more visible that looks like I had an axe buried in my head  then its not so easy to deal with. :'(

Saying that, I thought of having a tatoo, shark mouth imprint round the edges showing access to the computor and bionics circitry.  ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2021, 12:58:41 »

I have facial scars & on my chest don't worry me at all , have tattoos on my arms  but to have one on an affected area will bring more attention to it I would think.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2021, 13:06:39 »

Full head of hair here.... 8) 8) 8)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2021, 13:08:38 »

Well it's getting to the point in life, my hair is dissapearing fast, started to go thin and now my forehead is going shiny. :-\

My Dad used to use Grecian 2000 and after a while there was decent growth return. ???

Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips/suggestions.

This was common back in the day, along with Hai Karate aftershave.  It was hair dye and didn't help regrowth. :y
« Last Edit: 16 March 2021, 13:10:11 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2021, 13:10:45 »

I tried some hair growth cream. Made it lovely, thick, bushy and curly. I might try it on my head next.

More seriously, I started losing mine at the tender age of about 17. I've always just shaved it either with clippers or proper razor. Those who have met me will testify that I have an impressive shine on top... Lifes too short to piss about with combovers or transplants.

Also helps when impersonating Right Said Fred.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2021, 13:12:50 »

Easy said, but when it makes a scar more visible that looks like I had an axe buried in my head  then its not so easy to deal with. :'(

That will worry you far more than it will worry the people seeing you/talking to you until you get used to it.
We see people of all shapes and sizes, some with disfigured features from accidents, burns, illnesses or operations but we walk by without batting an eyelid. It's your own confidence that concerns you as nobody else will take any notice, meant in the nicest possible way.  :y I use number one on the trimmers on mine and strangely enough I wouldn't go back to longer hair, although in my case it's not an option.  ;D  You could wear a cap if your uncomfortable but you'd soon get used to shorter hair, and slowly feel less conscious of the scar.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2021, 14:39:33 »

I reckon the barbers will be losing a fortune when they re-open. I'm sticking with my lockdown number 4.
Diesel till I die

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2021, 15:36:50 »

I reckon the barbers will be losing a fortune when they re-open. I'm sticking with my lockdown number 4.

After years of needing to look business smart and conventional, retirement combined with lock-down has seen me revert to almost teen length hair (well not really but sort of). I'm fortunate in having a pretty full but grey headful. The Mrs does some occasional tidying up with a good quality hair trimmer/thinner, just to stop me looking like Animal from the Muppets.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.