Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.2 dti estate 59,000 2001  (Read 1839 times)

sara1983

Omega 2.2 dti estate 59,000 2001
« on: 23 March 2010, 09:23:10 »

Im looking to possibly sell my beloved omega, i really dont drive a great deal anymore and my insurance is up for renewal and is extortionate even on limited miles, so i think she is going to have to go.

She is a 2001 2.2 dti cdx model with just under 59,000 genuine miles on the clock. I have owned her for the last year and have had no problems whatsoever.

She is a lovely metallic maroon colour and has tinted windows from the rear passenger seats back. ill try and get some pics uploaded later.

There are some scratches to the sides and the usual supermarket trolly/car door dings where inconsiderate people have not taken care but there arent many and i just want to be honest the interior of the car is good condition no rips or tears. I have really tried to look after it and before i owned it it was a disability car belonging to an elderly man so no abuse here!

If your interested please get in touch im asking £2800ono as to be honest your getting a brand new car where the engine is concerned.

Many thanks for reading and look forward to any response...Sara x
« Last Edit: 23 March 2010, 09:23:45 by sara1983 »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.2 dti estate 59,000 2001
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2010, 14:29:58 »

Off topic replies removed. Please keep replies to "for sale" items relevant to an intended purchase.

Thanks

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2010, 20:06:20 »

Really interested in this car, but its a bit over my budget.....

Would you take an offer........?

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2010, 20:11:38 »

Really interested in this car, but its a bit over my budget.....

Would you take an offer........?

Please bear in mind I read and deleted the thread content posted previously.....    ;)

sara1983

« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2010, 21:30:59 »

sensible offers always welcome!!!!!  :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2010, 21:33:20 »

Will you be posting any pictures up of the car.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2010, 21:35:54 »

sensible offers always welcome!!!!!  :y

OK well that rules me out then.......

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

sara1983

« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2010, 21:48:20 »

yes i will, apologies was going to do it today but did not get round to it. will do tomorrow many thanks for your interest

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2010, 20:55:17 »

Since the seller has now become an ex-member, this thread will now be locked.

I will, however, take an admin prerogative and add a comment on the matter.

This seller previously advertised a car for sale on here (not this one, I hasten to add) and was subsequently bought by a member.  Whether the car was accurately described or not is open to conjecture and interpretation, dependant on your viewpoint.

The buying member, in my opinion, acted in haste and ignored the most basic of 'rules' in car purchase:- if you don't know what you are looking for, take someone with you who does and act on the advice asked/given before parting with cash.

After any OOF advertised car is purchased it is without any warranty (as is the case with any private purchase) and unlike a dealer purchase or even an auction. 

When issues subsequently became apparent in the car in question after purchase - issues that would not be unexpected, irrespective of the sellers description - the purchaser again appeared to ignore the plentifull advice of more experienced forum members and assumed that a bad car had been purchased and broadcast the fact to anyone who cared to cast an ear (or eye).  It appears that any mobile number or contact means was not noted at point of purchase by the buyer so any followup query was fraught with difficulty.  The fact that the seller was an OOF member at that time has, if you are honest, little bearing as there is no feedback available, unlike E-Bay....

After work done on the car, at minimal cost other than parts, the car appears a reasonable example and comensurate with age and use.  The buyer was so unhappy with the car, despite this, wanted to sell it but changed their mind after discussion with forum members.

When a further car from the same seller became available, the previous purchaser of the previous car took an early opportunity to raise the previous sale as a sore point on a current sales thread.  This was 'supported' by those who thought the buyer had a raw deal but had no intention of actually purchasing this new car offerred for sale, simply adding fuel to a fire which had nothing to do with them in the first place.

The admin team fielded assorted PM's and open posts regarding this subsequent flack, deleting a fair proportion of nothing more than baiting.  It appeared that no contact was done between the previous purchaser/seller whatsoever other than what was now posted - remember, apparently no contact details were noted at point of sale in any case....

The main points from this massive thread to be noted are:-

• Caveat Emptor.  If you buy other than through a dealer, your consumer rights are severely restricted.  Check out via your local Consumers Association or similar to find out exactly whats what.

• The For Sale section is for addition of pertinant questions regarding a potential sale, not a free for all for anyone to rake over old coals, have an off tangent chat about a similar car/item they once owned years ago or whatever.  If you want  to discuss a sale thread on OOF, consider it in the way as an E-Bay or local paper add and post a link in General Discussion area and thereafter fill your boots, within the forum guidelines as regards language etc.

Ultimately, the old adage 'your eye is your merchant' specifically applies for whats advertised on OOF.  Remember, there is no feedback profile on here as per E-Bay and other forums and there is no intention of extending the methods currently in place.

Think on........   :y

edit for spill chucker mistooks....

« Last Edit: 24 March 2010, 21:03:11 by hotel21 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.