Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just wondering how rare Facelift 2.5TD Elites are?  (Read 4777 times)

Peachy

Re: Just wondering how rare Facelift 2.5TD Elites are?
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2010, 16:23:00 »

i cannot be bothered to argue, but just posting links to ones that could be specced up. Why did you post details on pre-facelift when he was asking for facelift? ::)
Because, like I said in earlier posting I am unsure of the difference.
SIMPLES ;) ;) ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2010, 16:24:42 »

ok well thanks for eveyones comments, basically they are very rare which is bad and because of that the price is relatively high, it was just a thought as i love mine and and never leave it unless somthing major happens which fingers crossed it never will, keep those oil changes frequent and be aware of idiots behind you :)

2.2 DTi (once chipped) its actually more powerful, also has more torque. Impressive considering its 300cc smaller in size and missing 2 cylinders.

Its not as smooth as the beemer engine though, i'd go for the 2.2DTi as you would have much greater choice

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2010, 16:27:09 »

i cannot be bothered to argue, but just posting links to ones that could be specced up. Why did you post details on pre-facelift when he was asking for facelift? ::)
Because, like I said in earlier posting I am unsure of the difference.
SIMPLES ;) ;) ;)

Facelift:

Pre-facelift

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 June 2010, 16:33:15 »

2.2 DTi (once chipped) its actually more powerful, also has more torque. Impressive considering its 300cc smaller in size and missing 2 cylinders.

Its not as smooth as the beemer engine though, i'd go for the 2.2DTi as you would have much greater choice

and also only available twith 3 pedals, some prefered the option of an auto that came with the 6 cylinder.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2010, 16:33:33 by Andy_B »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2010, 16:37:11 »

and also only available twith 3 pedals, some prefered the option of an auto that came with the 6 cylinder.

Good point forgot about that  :y

Peachy

« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2010, 16:37:12 »

We had an 'N' Reg one a long time back on taxi's.
N313HAE
CD Spec if I remember.
Was  rebuilt by insurance company twice, maybe 3 times.
It once ended up in someone's living room on a sunday morning and Fire Service removed driver through sunroof, likea cesarian section. Had it back and it was rolled outside Cyfarthfa Park 2 days after being returned, and a few weeks later was rebuilt again after being rolled on the A4060 (Slip Road).
Then was sold in part ex, and I saw it 9-12 months later showing 96k on clock and when the company sold it I know for a fact it had 195k on it.

karlc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2010, 18:51:42 »

bit like hens teeth i have only ever seen 2.5td estate facelifts in cd trim never knew they did it in elite!!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2010, 19:31:01 »

well I am looking for a facelift estate 2.5td but i dont want an elite!!! leather is no good for out here!! burns you every time you get in the car!! lol so cd or cdx would do me very nicely!! however i want it below120k miles and tidy bdywork, manual and definetly not dark metallic blue!!! and of course at a low price :y
« Last Edit: 19 June 2010, 19:31:32 by Omegatoy »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2010, 19:41:19 »

My Facelift 2.5 TD is a CD spec with a manual box but ive fitted facelift MV6 alloys, self dimming rear view mirror, rear electric blind, elite rear spoiler and i've got grey facelift leather to fit so its as good as an Elite ;)
Retired

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2010, 19:51:57 »

My Facelift 2.5 TD is a CD spec with a manual box but ive fitted facelift MV6 alloys, self dimming rear view mirror, rear electric blind, elite rear spoiler and i've got grey facelift leather to fit so its as good as an Elite ;)
With all those extra goodies on board Pete I asume you`ve notified your insurance ::) ::)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2010, 20:50:36 »

With all those extra goodies on board Pete I asume you`ve notified your insurance ::) ::)
I thought they were on there when he got it, so he hasn't made any changes himself  :y :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2010, 22:22:10 »

I thought they were on there when he got it, so he hasn't made any changes himself  :y :y

I am still dubious if an insurance company could tell the difference between a CD, MV6, CDX specs on a 10 year old barge like the Omega, and what was 'original'

The 'it was like it when i bought it' argument can be used as well, as they are so old and many Omegas now will have had quite a few owners

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2010, 22:24:53 »

I am still dubious if an insurance company could tell the difference between a CD, MV6, CDX specs on a 10 year old barge like the Omega, and what was 'original'

The 'it was like it when i bought it' argument can be used as well, as they are so old and many Omegas now will have had quite a few owners
I agree. The insurance companies can't expect everyone who buys a secondhand car to get in touch with the manufacturer and ask what it left the factory with before taking out insurance ;)
Retired

david_omega

« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2010, 03:24:00 »

2.5 TD facelifts are quite rare in themselves, but a 2.5 TD elite moreso.

very rare, might be a case of a facelift and add the leather to the car, although you miss the self level etc..

possibly more likely to find a spare irmscher bodykit for a facelift than you are a 2.5td elite facelift.

caprimk1v4

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2010, 23:50:32 »

Hi All,

Only just joined this site, and so far looks good.

The reason I joined is xzxzxzxzxzxzxz

Admin edit.

Sorry, but not allowing this one.  If you have just joined and want to sell a car, partake of the community, gain the postcount as per the forum guidelines then post up on your own account.  Please do not highjack a thread.

:y
« Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 00:00:33 by hotel21 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.