Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED: EXCEPTIONAL LOW MILEAGE MV6  (Read 2577 times)

blackman

• Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim
    • 2003 2.6 V6 CD (LPG)
    • View Profile
WANTED: EXCEPTIONAL LOW MILEAGE MV6
« on: 24 February 2012, 14:27:52 »

I'm looking for an exceptional MV6 please to replace my 2001 2.6 V6 Auto Elite which has just died after many happy miles on LPG. I intend to re-fit my LPG kit into the lucky new car! Specs preferred: low mileage (under 80k), exceptional bodywork, not distastefully pimped ( I prefer a standard model but skirts etc don't put me off) , not lowered, saloon / tourer, 2002 or younger, MOT'd.  I'm in N. Ireland but will travel to mainland for the right car. I'd appreciate any help any member can offer. Thank you. Gavin

blackman

• 2003 2.6 V6 CD (LPG)
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: EXCEPTIONAL LOW MILEAGE MV6
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2012, 14:52:05 »

I would of course consider an ELITE, forgot to mention that!! Daw!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2012, 15:01:16 »

Might help if you give an idea of what you're looking to spend ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2012, 15:05:53 »

Why low milage? Low milage means bugger all!  ;) ;)
A well cared for 100k+ car could very well be 'better' than a low milage car that's had nothing done to it over the years. SWMBO's Smart is a good example of that, it had 37k on the clock when bought about 2 years ago, but subsequently had to have a load spent on it due to lack of proper previous servicing ........

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2012, 15:14:40 »

Indeed, my 2002 3.2 Elite has 138k, interior wise, it was not better than a 50k 2003 Elite thats up the road  ::)

Underneath too, the 138k year old car is in far better shape underneath, not even the exhaust heat shields are rusty  :o

Mileage means nothing!  :y

blackman

• 2003 2.6 V6 CD (LPG)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2012, 18:55:29 »

Why low mileage? I drive at least 50k miles per year (that's why I fuel on LPG). I don't like changing cars every year.I'd like to keep this one for at least 2 years. Also, I'll be re-fitting my LPG kit which is no easy job and costly too. I haven't come across many reliable OMEGA's with 200K miles on the clock. Therefore a car with less than 80k, in my opinion gives me a fighting chance of longevity of mileage. Of course I'll look at each potential purchase's merits ref service history etc. I accept that many members will have models with 150k or more which have been well looked after and others may have experience of very low mileage models which are scrap. I accept all your observations about mileage all the same. Many thanks. I have no max price ceiling at the minute. I will pay a realistic price for the right car.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2012, 22:15:37 »

Indeed, my 2002 3.2 Elite has 138k, interior wise, it was not better than a 50k 2003 Elite thats up the road  ::)

Underneath too, the 138k year old car is in far better shape underneath, not even the exhaust heat shields are rusty  :o

Yours is exceptionally tidy, bodywork/chassis wise.  Some of the interior gives away its mileage, but I would concede yours is a peach if you could sort that little engine issue.
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2012, 22:18:04 »

Yours is exceptionally tidy, bodywork/chassis wise.  Some of the interior gives away its mileage, but I would concede yours is a peach if you could sort that little engine issue.

I may just have to have a day out up to London. Beers on Tunnie :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2012, 22:22:49 »

blackman - as others have said, don't get hung up on mileage, as the V6 can cover some good miles.

I searched for the car I wanted to have along side my MV6. I found a 53k 03 Elite in the colour I wanted, FSH, perfect.  However, I have spent a lot of time sorting everything out on it - about 9 months - before chucking on the LPG kit last April. It has always been more highly strung than my 184k 1998 MV6, which is stil my prefered daily driver...

...what I'm suggesting is that if you find the right car, if its a V6, it matters not if its 80k or 120k, as how well the previous owners genuinely looked after it is far more important than a few miles on the engine...
Grumpy old man

Omega_Dan

« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2012, 22:26:59 »

blackman - as others have said, don't get hung up on mileage, as the V6 can cover some good miles.

I searched for the car I wanted to have along side my MV6. I found a 53k 03 Elite in the colour I wanted, FSH, perfect.  However, I have spent a lot of time sorting everything out on it - about 9 months - before chucking on the LPG kit last April. It has always been more highly strung than my 184k 1998 MV6, which is stil my prefered daily driver...

...what I'm suggesting is that if you find the right car, if its a V6, it matters not if its 80k or 120k, as how well the previous owners genuinely looked after it is far more important than a few miles on the engine...

Have to agree. Some low mileage cars get neglected in the sense that owners get too hung up on it being a LOW mileage and dont do the correct work required when time scale requires it to be done.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2012, 22:38:31 »

Have to agree. Some low mileage cars get neglected in the sense that owners get too hung up on it being a LOW mileage and dont do the correct work required when time scale requires it to be done.

Totally agree Dan.  How many times have we seen really low mileage cars advertised for sale with the comment 'cambelt changed 10k miles ago, so good for another 30k' with no consideration to the fact that it should be change at 40k or 4 years, whichever comes first!!

In my view, these cars were designed to thump up and down the motorway network, eating up the miles.  I'm always suspicious of any Omega with particularly low miles.

As TB says, a comprehensive record of service and maintenance history by someone who knows what they are doing (not necessarily a Vauxhall dealer  ::) ) is far, far more important than the number of miles showing on the odometer.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

blackman

• 2003 2.6 V6 CD (LPG)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2012, 20:49:21 »

Well folks...job sorted. New Omega sourced and bought - 2003 2.6 V6 CD, 77k. 2 x previous owners (both elderly), 12 mths MOT from this morning,totally standard with main dealer FSH, no dings or dents. I'm well chuffed! And all for £1150!. Just to get the LPG kit in her now and we're off! Thanks to you all for your advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.