Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Key fob......C/Locking problem.  (Read 1740 times)

|TM|Animal

• Rugby, Warwickshire
  • Keep on bangin' the rocks together....
    • 2003 Omega CDX 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
Key fob......C/Locking problem.
« on: 17 February 2013, 20:12:40 »

I know I've only been a member for a few days, and I apologize for being intrusive...but, as with all Omega owners, I have a problem...(I think it may be mental):o I've had three of these things...

OK, this is it...Let's see if I can categorize it...C/Locking is a bit dodgy but that'll be mainly down to servos or limit switches...Usual thing, passenger door won't lock or unlock with remote, or key in the driver's door, (have to do it manually) but that'll be the servo or wiring, I'll repair that...(done it before)...I was an Electronic Installation Technician, in a former life...For my Sins...(It's amazing how many people want PCs building or repairing. For nowt, of course)...But I digress...

All the doors, (except f/passenger) would lock with the key in the lock, set alarm and deadlock...

The back doors would lock and unlock with the remote and pop up again 'cos driver's wouldn't lock (not driver's or f/passenger, though...Servo/limit switch, Again) Remote would set alarm and deadlock, after locking with key in door......That's no problem, I just locked and unlocked with the key...And reset alarm once inside...Remote would close windows and S/Roof, so, OK there...

Then the fob stopped working....So, I took it apart, some one had repaired the battery holder with bridging wires but one had detached...so I resoldered it, properly ( I've done that before, as well)...New battery...fob working fine...But (and there's always a But)...now the c/locking steadfastly refuses to respond...at all...and Yes, I've tried re-syncing it......Nuthin'...

So, this is the main question, I can get my hand on a replacement fob, however, the question is...Is it a simply a matter of transferring the original blade and transponder to the new fob or am I going to have to get the whole nine yards reprogrammed. Because even though it appears to be working, (Led operating) I think that the original fob PCB could well be fried... :(
The key is still locking and unlocking the car and is OK in the ignition...But it would be nice to have remote C/Locking that actually worked...especially as I have only the one key...
Oh, and incidentally, the power sounder doesn't operate, just the indicators flashing...I think that this may have been an on going problem and that's why it's been rendered inoperable...Or there may, simply, not be one, I haven't had a look yet...

I've only had this Omega a coupla' weeks...Ongoing Project...new Ex/Manifold, tomorrow...Its blowing... :'(
So, if I can pick your brains and if there's any one out there with advice on the fob, It would be appreciated...Perhaps Mr. Imber may have some input, here...

I've trawled the forum and my apologies if it's been covered before....but there doesn't appear to be be a problem, quite as complicated as this...

Car 2003 2.2 CDX Estate...Two button fob...If that helps...I live under no illusions... It's gonna cost me, what ever it is :'(

Regards,Keith.
Previous Motors....Vx Viva....Mk3 Cortina 1.6....Mk3 Cortina 2.0....Vx Ventora....Vx Astra Mk2....Renault 25....Rover 827....Rover Sterling....Omega GLS 2.0....Omega Elite....Omega CDX 2.2 Estate....

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
Re: Key fob......C/Locking problem.
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2013, 20:34:58 »

to resync key in ignition turn on then within 10 sec press lock or unlock
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

|TM|Animal

• Rugby, Warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2013, 20:58:01 »

Yup, tried that, as I said nuthin' doin'.
Nuneaton, eh, close to me. Maybe we'll run into one another, one day.... Er, maybe I should rephrase that :-\
Previous Motors....Vx Viva....Mk3 Cortina 1.6....Mk3 Cortina 2.0....Vx Ventora....Vx Astra Mk2....Renault 25....Rover 827....Rover Sterling....Omega GLS 2.0....Omega Elite....Omega CDX 2.2 Estate....

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2013, 21:40:00 »

i hope you dont run into me, but i do pass you a lot, not sure but may have one or two fobs here you can try and if got car pass i can progrm them

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2013, 22:23:11 »

Nothing that complicated mate ::)

Fob - if its knackered buy another one & get someone with a Tech2 to code it to the car - you will nee the car (security) pass.

Re alarm system probably powersounder has been disabled/removed ( a good thing as prone to spontaneous combustion).  However there is an alarm horn which should sound - need to check its present, connected and working (believe sited under skuttle near to powersounder)

HTH ::) ;)

1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2013, 22:43:00 »

if he needs help ive done all that with mine, i bet his alarm disconected due to either the bonnet switch or rear glass sensors triggering alarm, just pm me as im off all this week on holiday from work    adey

|TM|Animal

• Rugby, Warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2013, 22:53:55 »

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's very much appreciated :y...Yes I do have the Pass Card...Thanks for the offer Adey...I'll get back to you on that...As soon as I've had the new Ex/manifold fitted and got rid of a DTC 0304 misfire at low revs...I'm hoping that the new Manifold will cure it...If not, that'll need investigating...If it's not one thing, it's another...Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with a Tech 2... I have only a basic code reader, although that in itself, has saved me mucho dinero ...Anyhoo', I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...So it looks as if the whole Key Fob, Blade and Transponder combo needs to be reprogrammed... Yes ??

Regards, Keith.

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2013, 23:09:19 »

just sent you a pm

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2013, 23:14:25 »

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's very much appreciated :y...Yes I do have the Pass Card...Thanks for the offer Adey...I'll get back to you on that...As soon as I've had the new Ex/manifold fitted and got rid of a DTC 0304 misfire at low revs...I'm hoping that the new Manifold will cure it...If not, that'll need investigating...If it's not one thing, it's another...Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with a Tech 2... I have only a basic code reader, although that in itself, has saved me mucho dinero ...Anyhoo', I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...So it looks as if the whole Key Fob, Blade and Transponder combo needs to be reprogrammed... Yes ??

Regards, Keith.
No - just the fob - as the key starts the car transponder chip in key must already be programmed to car.  Tech2s on OOF (in England) - TB, Marks DTM Calib and Kevin Wood - any of them will be able to program a fob - just ensure you get the correct one (same as your knackered one). :y  Failing that a friendly Vx dealer ???
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

|TM|Animal

• Rugby, Warwickshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2013, 23:33:42 »

"Failing that a friendly Vx dealer"...Who...What ???...Noo, I think they're the same as Dragons and Unicorns.....Just a Myth.... :D

Keith.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2013, 23:57:42 »

"Failing that a friendly Vx dealer"...Who...What ???...Noo, I think they're the same as Dragons and Unicorns.....Just a Myth.... :D

Keith.

;D ;D you're probably right mate - go for one of the OOF Tech2s on here - they know more about their use than Vx guys :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.