Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a driving assessment tomorrow............  (Read 3369 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Got a driving assessment tomorrow............
« on: 09 July 2015, 22:12:25 »

As part of the induction training for one of my new Jobs, I have to have a 40 minute driving assessment in a Ford Galaxy with to many pedals............ ::) ::)

I suggested they let me use my car, but no got to be theirs, as these will be the cars I will be using for work; it is years since I drove a manual, I am not worried about it but 3 of us go out for 3 hours so not just the examiner, who I believe is a Police Officer......... :-\ :-\ There is certainly a Police email address on the info.......... :D

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: Got a driving assessment tomorrow............
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2015, 22:15:51 »

Last manual I drove I stalled it lane3 of the M4 ;D

Poxy bloody things ::)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2015, 22:23:27 »

Get a couple of tins of baked beans down you Mike, & tomorrow, just before every gear change let out a 'small but deadly' air change & give 'em all something else to focus their attention on!  :D
Oh, & don't forget to join in the chorus of...'Whoar, who the f............ did that!'  (wif a Sovern accent of course);D ;) 
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 22:36:01 by PhilRich »
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2015, 08:34:35 »

As part of the induction training for one of my new Jobs, I have to have a 40 minute driving assessment in a Ford Galaxy with to many pedals............ ::) ::)

I suggested they let me use my car, but no got to be theirs, as these will be the cars I will be using for work; it is years since I drove a manual, I am not worried about it but 3 of us go out for 3 hours so not just the examiner, who I believe is a Police Officer......... :-\ :-\ There is certainly a Police email address on the info.......... :D
Mmm does it have Battenberg, either vosa or traffic wombal.
One a necessary evil the other a waste of money.
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2015, 10:29:12 »

Have I missed something?

Maybe it's just me but I thought that elderly people such as yourself gave up work when they retired. ::) ::) :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2015, 10:30:38 »

Get a couple of tins of baked beans down you Mike, & tomorrow, just before every gear change let out a 'small but deadly' air change & give 'em all something else to focus their attention on!  :D
Oh, & don't forget to join in the chorus of...'Whoar, who the f............ did that!'  (wif a Sovern accent of course);D ;)

Laced with sprouts. ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2015, 12:51:51 »

You never forget,......... but in your case you probably have....... never mind theres plenty of other jobs out there.  ;D

Only jesting, its will be a breeze, good luck with your new job.  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2015, 14:46:17 »

You never forget,......... but in your case you probably have....... never mind theres plenty of other jobs out there.  ;D

Only jesting, its will be a breeze, good luck with your new job.  ;)

....almost certainly. :D ;D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2015, 21:13:45 »

Nope, it's black with all rear windows fully tinted. Driver and front seat passenger totally sealed off from the rest of the car, save for some vents for air flow.

It was an S Max not a Galaxy, manual..... ::) ::) I thought it drove nicely, once I mastered the clutch, within a few changes; my drive was just about perfect and my commentary was very good.............. :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2015, 21:29:28 »

Nope, it's black with all rear windows fully tinted. Driver and front seat passenger totally sealed off from the rest of the car, save for some vents for air flow.

It was an S Max not a Galaxy, manual..... ::) ::) I thought it drove nicely, once I mastered the clutch, within a few changes; my drive was just about perfect and my commentary was very good.............. :y :y
Private ambulance / licensed undertaker ?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2015, 21:38:17 »

With all the old dodders, we need an oof funeral service.
Hoof'land storeman.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2015, 22:26:21 »

Children's 'Secure Transport' some is non secure, so you get a saloon car. The company also provides staff for a number of differing roles, that I could be asked to do....... :y :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2015, 22:29:33 »

Children's 'Secure Transport' some is non secure, so you get a saloon car. The company also provides staff for a number of differing roles, that I could be asked to do....... :y :y
[/highlight]

I thought the idea of your Retirement was 'less stress' Mike :-\ ;D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2015, 22:36:12 »

[/highlight]

I won't be taking the really secure ones, ie the ones that can be hand cuffed, mostly 'Welfare' transport for me. Phil, I applied for a few part time roles, attended a few interviews, as a result I have 7 roles/jobs with 4 different companies / charities. Obviously this is not practical, so will have to let some down - not sure how it will all pan out yet, and I did want the summer off........... :) :)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2015, 22:38:18 »

[/highlight]

I won't be taking the really secure ones, ie the ones that can be hand cuffed, mostly 'Welfare' transport for me. Phil, I applied for a few part time roles, attended a few interviews, as a result I have 7 roles/jobs with 4 different companies / charities. Obviously this is not practical, so will have to let some down - not sure how it will all pan out yet, and I did want the summer off........... :) :)

Well Best Wishes for whatever you decide  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.