Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vehicle to be wary of...  (Read 2426 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle to be wary of...
« Reply #15 on: 10 June 2010, 23:00:46 »

Its quite funny actually, before i bought my omega last week i was watching a vectra on ebay that was very cheap, i always HPI cars before i buy them and right up untill the point the seller was going to deliver the car to me upon payment i decided to HPI it, needless to say it came back as a CAT D, i informed the seller and got no reply, the auction was still running and eventually it sold WITHOUT HIM ADDING THE INFO TO THE DESCRIPTION!! So the new owner wont have a clue. i reported this to ebay while the auction was active and they didnt seem to be bothered!

They never are, they are in it for the money, there was a trevor mcdonald report a while back about ebay, and even the police said they very rarely get help from ebay in fraud and theft issues, all ebay reply as per ad, seeler assumes full responsibility.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

johny5

• Intermediate Member
  • Portsmouth, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 June 2010, 23:27:23 »

Yeah its not right really, im just glad i had the sense to check it first, its not the first time thats happened to me either!

On the good side i waited and along came my omega, what a steal that was! woop :D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2010, 23:46:25 »

I'd happily buy a CAT D write off.  More often than not, it's purely cosmetic damage.

Insurance companies tend to take the accident damaged vehicle to their specified 'repairer' (unless you request otherwise).  Their specified 'repairer' gets paid for storage whilst the car is there, and also to quote for any work necessary, so they are on a winner already.  They elevate the cost of repair and the insurance company kills the perfectly serviceable car.  Not many people know they can buy it back @ ~10% its market value, do the repairs, and use it just as they did before the 'minor bump'.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.