Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: errr...   sudden engine shut down.....    (Read 1986 times)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
Re: errr...   sudden engine shut down.....  
« Reply #15 on: 17 January 2007, 23:36:59 »

Thank you both for the offer...   it's much appreciated... and highly commendable, and brave ;) of you....  

As it is... for the mo, the crank sensor will have to be done "over the road"   They're not a Vx Stealer, but not apparently the cheapest independent service facility on earth either.... ...  but over the road means no tow or recovery hassles....  given the complete intransigence of the elite now with regards to the idea of actually starting the engine....   it's probably handiest....  and I really want the Elite running ASAP....    I'm currently reduced to borrowing my Daughter's 106 "independence" 1100.  3 door....     ARRRGGHHHHHHH  it's a nightmare......  no power steering....  is really trying my limits with the hand strength and stamina if I'm in town...  out on the road it's not so bad... as long as I don't expect it to go like the Elite ;)  and the lack of headroom for monsters like me is giving me neck a hard time......   and as for the school runs.....   the kids are NOT amused...  :(

but at least it's running and free......   seeing as she has yet to pass her test......  

However.... TB if you should happen to hear of anyone in striking distance  arranging some sort of Cambelt party in the next couple of months....  I have 2 patients in need of such ministrations....   I'd gladly cough up a fair wodge of dough , and hand (blunted... incase I drop em) scalpels, torque wrenches, tea, coffee and JD,  and such like, to the surgeons....   as opposed to using any of the local VX dealers.. none of whom i have a great deal of faith in...   (when you have to deal with maintaining a Sintra, you VERY quickly amass a large number of horror stories concerning bloody VX dealers... )

Ditto the Gearbox Flush and refill + filter change scenario.... although i confess I've NEVER heard of anyone organising a party for THAT particular penance....

Tunnie.....   cheers, your enthusiasm does you credit ...   your Senator is always welcome around here....  :D  Pacman Dash or not....  ;)

I'll add that I'm fairly well familiar with North Oxfordshire, and the wilds of Brackley....  (is there still a krypton tuning place down by the railway bridge?)   I mostly grew up in Charlton-on-Otmoor, followed by Middle Barton.

BEFORE there were speed cameras :D

Best regards

Max

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Kaycee

• Intermediate Member
  • Doncaster
    • View Profile
Re: errr...   sudden engine shut down..... &n
« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2007, 07:24:30 »

Wat a brilliant site this is it warms my heart to know that help and advice are  a whisker away im now 67 and some of these jobs terrify me but for you guys to help yr fellow omega owners fills me with awe and admiration

Robert
There is a tide in the affairs of man if taken at the flood will lead on to greater things

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2007, 08:25:27 »

I'll add that I'm fairly well familiar with North Oxfordshire, and the wilds of Brackley....  (is there still a krypton tuning place down by the railway bridge?)   I mostly grew up in Charlton-on-Otmoor, followed by Middle Barton.
Railway bridge? You're showing your age ;)  (no bridges round here for some considerable time)...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 January 2007, 08:27:16 »

However.... TB if you should happen to hear of anyone in striking distance  arranging some sort of Cambelt party in the next couple of months....  I have 2 patients in need of such ministrations....   I'd gladly cough up a fair wodge of dough , and hand (blunted... incase I drop em) scalpels, torque wrenches, tea, coffee and JD,  and such like, to the surgeons....   as opposed to using any of the local VX dealers.. none of whom i have a great deal of faith in...   (when you have to deal with maintaining a Sintra, you VERY quickly amass a large number of horror stories concerning bloody VX dealers... )

Ditto the Gearbox Flush and refill + filter change scenario.... although i confess I've NEVER heard of anyone organising a party for THAT particular penance....
Omega cambelt is easy enough. Wouldn't like to comment on Sintra until I'd seen it.

Yeah, anyone know of a g/box fluid change party going on, let me know!
Grumpy old man

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #19 on: 18 January 2007, 09:47:25 »

Wouldn't like to comment on Sintra until I'd seen it.

just for info...  

it's the same engine....   but mounted transversely...   arguably actually got more space around it's ends than the Omega....  the Sintra being a fair bit wider...

last Change, included the auxiliary drive belt..  cost me £375 inc Vat and Parts , by Hartwells VX stealers in Kidlington...  their labour rate was i think £65 + Vat per hour at the time.

Krypton place was, I think, on the north side of brackley off to the left of the OLD A43 main road heading out of town to the north...   sure I recall a red brick bridge over a disused rail line....  

maybe i AM getting old ???

it's only about 20-23 years ago I used to go there....    ;)

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 January 2007, 10:24:26 »

Wouldn't like to comment on Sintra until I'd seen it.

just for info...  

it's the same engine....   but mounted transversely...   arguably actually got more space around it's ends than the Omega....  the Sintra being a fair bit wider...

last Change, included the auxiliary drive belt..  cost me £375 inc Vat and Parts , by Hartwells VX stealers in Kidlington...  their labour rate was i think £65 + Vat per hour at the time.

Krypton place was, I think, on the north side of brackley off to the left of the OLD A43 main road heading out of town to the north...   sure I recall a red brick bridge over a disused rail line....  

maybe i AM getting old ???

it's only about 20-23 years ago I used to go there....    ;)

I imagine the aux belt tensioner is a pig to remove on the Sintra...

All railway lines ripped up many, many years ago....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.