Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I have just been mugged - not joking.  (Read 6675 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: I have just been mugged - not joking.
« Reply #45 on: 29 September 2007, 22:40:33 »

What I object to is that we talk about druggies being "clean" and "rehabilitated" when in fact we have just started feeding them with a legal drug, maintaining their addiction at tax payer's expense. Doesn't make them any use to society. Lock 'em up in a cell with nothing but food and water for a bit of cold turkey and contemplation I say. You reap what you sow after all.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 September 2007, 22:43:24 »

What I object to is that we talk about druggies being "clean" and "rehabilitated" when in fact we have just started feeding them with a legal drug, maintaining their addiction at tax payer's expense. Doesn't make them any use to society. Lock 'em up in a cell with nothing but food and water for a bit of cold turkey and contemplation I say. You reap what you sow after all.

Kevin
Costs us money to lock 'em up.  As does shooting, though its much cheaper.
Grumpy old man

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #47 on: 29 September 2007, 22:45:30 »

dont get me started on this one again.... :( i`ll leave it at some "prisoners" have a better taxpayer funded lifestyle than genuine peope trying to get by....
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #48 on: 29 September 2007, 22:45:52 »

More than the drug users ,the producers of those things are guilty..

The punishment what TheBoy says is necessary for them..

« Last Edit: 29 September 2007, 22:47:03 by cem_devecioglu »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #49 on: 29 September 2007, 22:50:24 »

Although I'm bad in organic chemistry, from what I remember alkoloids (all these kind of stuff)  have one very aggresive molecular structure that binds to brain neurons ..And force the person that they think this is something they cant live without

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 September 2007, 22:53:47 »

I like a drink occasionally. Bet the government won't pay for an alternative for me  >:(
Grumpy old man

amigov6

« Reply #51 on: 29 September 2007, 22:55:24 »

>:(Just read your post & was going to say your money went up her arm or wherever she could find a vein. You did right not to beat her even though she deserved it.
        In my teens i took all sorts of powders & pills but NEVER injected anything. No excuses. They know what they're getting into the first hit they take & deserve no sympathy for the mess they get themselves into thereafter. This is'nt an inexperienced view, i've seen one friend die, one lose an arm below the elbow due to a "bad hit" and known of two i did'nt care about die in sqats or public toilets.  What makes it worse is the first two were girls & i attended the funeral of one & watched her parents grieving. That puts a lump in the biggest mans throat. She was 26, a Mum, worked successfully as a french polisher. What a waste. Sad thing is i knew her before so saw it all.
     I do'nt have the answers but smack is a rough trot & you're an innocent victim.

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 September 2007, 23:13:20 »

Hope you're OK

and next time be wary of Oirish accents not in sight of a caravan or flatbed truck

I'd find the little bitch and give her a clouting
If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndon71

• South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 30 September 2007, 01:05:05 »

Was this at Cardiff central James  >:(  It's a well known hotspot for the homeless, drunks ETC.

I have found in the past that the station personnel take a blind eye to vagrants pestering people out side at the cash points. Much the same thing happened to me in broad daylight about two years ago.

It's not a very good welcome into what is really a nice friendly City  >:(

I always get off at Queen street and go into one of the main Banks off the high street now.

I don't know what the world is coming to  :(

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 30 September 2007, 01:57:48 »

Oh Dear, things never change, remember a song by Stepenwolf called "God Dam the Pusher". One of the lines goes " I seen a lot of people walking around with tombstones in their eyes". Its so true, society is such that people who don't conform to the norm get made outcasts, no use to anyone. They get hooked on Drugs, and become a drain on society's resources. Who knows what they could become if they had the chance to full develop or avoid The Pusher. We repress cultures that are different and offer a totally different, in a lot of ways better, way of life because they don't conform to the norm that we live with. Witness the situation in Burma, and a bit further back Tibet, that was "anexed" by Chairman Mao and his croneys. We live in a society that is controlled by Computer, badly, but it makes life simple for the civil servants so thats it. Things have to change from the top down if we want to avoid an even worse situation.
Life is a .........
Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 30 September 2007, 06:24:03 »

Was this at Cardiff central James  >:(  It's a well known hotspot for the homeless, drunks ETC.

I have found in the past that the station personnel take a blind eye to vagrants pestering people out side at the cash points. Much the same thing happened to me in broad daylight about two years ago.

I always get off at Queen street and go into one of the main Banks off the high street now.

Yes, it was very near the Central station mate. That's where I got off, and withdrew the wedge. from the said cashpoints.

I've been getting the train to Cardiff for 2 years without any problem, often late at night too due to my shift work. I then walk down to riverside. Like I say, I've never had a problem in Cardiff until now, however I've never been entirely comfortable with my walk. It's still better than driving though, because the train is A) Half the cost, with no bridge tolls, and B) Means I don't have to leave my Shiny new car in a dubious area!

I spent most of the afternoon at the police station yesterday... with some very friendly officers. And it looks like they've now got a lead that's going to result in an arrest  :y

I must be careful what I say publically, but, The "bit of information" I mentioned in the first post.... is that when forcefully retrieving my wallet etc..  I was able to "retrieve" something else also, that has led the police to her identification. ;D

I was worried it would be frowned upon by plod, especially coupled with my forceful retrieval of my wallet....but thankfully, was applauded  ::)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 September 2007, 06:51:50 »

Yes, it was very near the Central station mate. That's where I got off, and withdrew the wedge. from the said cashpoints.

I've been getting the train to Cardiff for 2 years without any problem, often late at night too due to my shift work. I then walk down to riverside. Like I say, I've never had a problem in Cardiff until now, however I've never been entirely comfortable with my walk. It's still better than driving though, because the train is A) Half the cost, with no bridge tolls, and B) Means I don't have to leave my Shiny new car in a dubious area!

I spent most of the afternoon at the police station yesterday... with some very friendly officers. And it looks like they've now got a lead that's going to result in an arrest  :y

I must be careful what I say publically, but, The "bit of information" I mentioned in the first post.... is that when forcefully retrieving my wallet etc..  I was able to "retrieve" something else also, that has led the police to her identification. ;D

I was worried it would be frowned upon by plod, especially coupled with my forceful retrieval of my wallet....but thankfully, was applauded  ::)

:y
I like red cars

Martin_1962

« Reply #57 on: 30 September 2007, 09:41:03 »

Where are you coming from - I thought you were doing Gloucester-Cardiff?

No bridge tolls that way

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 30 September 2007, 17:33:54 »

No bridge tolls that way

Not if you go through Lyndey, or Monmouth...

I'm sometimes lazy and do M5/M4...

Martin_1962

« Reply #59 on: 30 September 2007, 18:21:24 »

No bridge tolls that way

Not if you go through Lyndey, or Monmouth...

I'm sometimes lazy and do M5/M4...

I've done Gloucester - Chepstow faster on hte A48 faster than someone else M5-M4
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.