Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A satisfying weekend  (Read 1986 times)

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: A satisfying weekend
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2007, 22:31:49 »

Looks like there has been a lot of Omega tinkering going on this weekend then,  I managed to get the gearbox back on the MV6 today ( with a bit of help ), fixed my Dads water leak yesterday and changed the Dis pack ( yet another one ) on the other MV6 on friday night  ;)

One question though TB, hope you haven't got any oil on your weekend dress after all that work  ::)
I was gonna fiddle with the dodgy EGR, but couldn't be bothered despite the good weather.  MOT isn't until June, may only get critical attention until then.  Speaking of which, 6K since oil change, time to start carrying it around in the boot again . . .  :-[

Good idea, probably get it done in six weeks time then  ::) By the way, looks like im gonna be in the shepard on friday night if you fancy a few beers  ;)

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 October 2007, 22:37:52 »

Looks like there has been a lot of Omega tinkering going on this weekend then,  I managed to get the gearbox back on the MV6 today ( with a bit of help ), fixed my Dads water leak yesterday and changed the Dis pack ( yet another one ) on the other MV6 on friday night  ;)

One question though TB, hope you haven't got any oil on your weekend dress after all that work  ::)
I was gonna fiddle with the dodgy EGR, but couldn't be bothered despite the good weather.  MOT isn't until June, may only get critical attention until then.  Speaking of which, 6K since oil change, time to start carrying it around in the boot again . . .  :-[

Good idea, probably get it done in six weeks time then  ::) By the way, looks like im gonna be in the shepard on friday night if you fancy a few beers  ;)
That'd be cool, will sort out a taxi home.

Going home for the holidays in about 6 weeks.  8-)
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

amigov6

« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2007, 00:22:11 »

:)Lots of Omega tinkering indeed. Not only did i change one rear bulb but the other side was black as your hat so i changed that as well!!! No stopping me    
     Now that annoying "check" has gone out on my display! ;D ;D ;D

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 October 2007, 00:52:55 »

Bah, I wish I lived nearer to the action. The urge to pull bits off my car and put them back on is overwhelming...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 October 2007, 18:23:17 »

Though, I forgot to mention, I stripped the bloody sump plug again  >:(

Stupid, crap, useless, BMW monkey metal design  >:(.  Yet another reason I think BMW couldn't design a poo-stick  >:(

So, thats the original stripped (before I had it), the donor engine one stripped (before I had it), and the retapped original stripped.  I have never, ever stripped any other sump plug. What does that say about 'German Engineering'  >:(
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 October 2007, 20:35:19 »

Stupid, crap, useless, BMW monkey metal design  >:(.  Yet another reason I think BMW couldn't design a poo-stick  >:(

So, thats the original stripped (before I had it), the donor engine one stripped (before I had it), and the retapped original stripped.  I have never, ever stripped any other sump plug. What does that say about 'German Engineering'  >:(

Helicoil it?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 October 2007, 20:37:37 »

Helicoil it?
Doubt there is enough thread left to put in a helicoil, is probably another retap, and an even bigger sump bolt. German crap.
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 October 2007, 21:39:26 »

Helicoil it?
Doubt there is enough thread left to put in a helicoil, is probably another retap, and an even bigger sump bolt. German crap.

Afaik - when you helicoil, you drill out and tap to the next size, insert the helicoil, which then provides an inner thread the correct size for the original bolt?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 October 2007, 21:50:08 »

may as well put in a bigger bolt then....
Grumpy old man

justme

• Shadowland
  • Testing by TB
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 October 2007, 22:12:11 »

I know a lot about so called German Engineering i have 2 of them. Basic is not the word
Test sig...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.