Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Are manual cars dangerous?  (Read 10896 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Are manual cars dangerous?
« Reply #15 on: 18 October 2011, 21:21:39 »

well stats state that most crashes are from the under 25's and most under 25's want a manual car so by the stats more crashes per manual than auto

so in typical jeremy clarkson style..........

we have proved that manual cars are dangerous and you should purchase an auto!  :y

to drive like miss daisy ;D

mantagte

• Omega Knight
  • great yarmouth
    • omega bmw maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2011, 21:27:11 »

im 42 and prefer manual no accidents though

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 October 2011, 21:27:16 »

i just specifically meant the one handed driving example  :y
Drive a manual properly, and you'll have both hands on the wheel during a manouver.

As to cruising, I bet as many manual owners do this as auto owners.

Though a manual gives ultimate control, and control=safety
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 October 2011, 21:29:56 »

Personally it's auto all the way for me, but I prefer the control of a manual ::)

I tend to use my auto box like a manual when it comes to going down the gears anyway, although it still decides if it wants to give you the gear you want ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 October 2011, 21:31:48 »

well stats state that most crashes are from the under 25's and most under 25's want a manual car so by the stats more crashes per manual than auto

we have proved that manual cars are dangerous and you should purchase an auto!  :y

haha autos aint that slow  ::)

besides the manual box will be gone in the not too distant future. semi auto will take over imo  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 October 2011, 21:33:10 »

haha autos aint that slow  ::)

besides the manual box will be gone in the not too distant future. semi auto will take over imo  :y
Lets hope not, worse of both options rolled into one
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 October 2011, 21:36:56 »

Drive a manual properly, and you'll have both hands on the wheel during a manouver.

i disagree.  yes, driving it properly should give you full control but of course being human we are prone to human error however good a driver we are. and of course with the manual, yes you can get speed exactly as you want it but not two hands on the wheel all the time. swings and roundabouts.

sorry, dont understand the second bit. obviously auto is go and stop so no cruising in neutral as is poss with manual  :-\ :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 October 2011, 21:39:50 »

i disagree.  yes, driving it properly should give you full control but of course being human we are prone to human error however good a driver we are. and of course with the manual, yes you can get speed exactly as you want it but not two hands on the wheel all the time. swings and roundabouts.

sorry, dont understand the second bit. obviously auto is go and stop so no cruising in neutral as is poss with manual  :-\ :)
But the auto doesn't give the same degree of engine braking unless you force it ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 October 2011, 21:42:27 »

Not if driven properly whilst negotiating obstacles.

Having a solid connection between engine and driven wheels will always be safer than having a fluid coupling in between, for those days when power will get you out of harms way.
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 October 2011, 21:44:41 »

You are not in control of the vehicle doing that....... ::) ::) ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #25 on: 18 October 2011, 21:46:00 »

try them both on a track where your speed drops and increases several times.. you will see the timing difference..
anyway its an 8 bit chip..

but if we were talking on a smg box, debate would be interesting.. those boxes have launch option which you can hardly control like it.. but I would still prefer manual

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 October 2011, 21:47:49 »

Having a solid connection between engine and driven wheels will always be safer than having a fluid coupling in between, for those days when power will get you out of harms way.

but then should crappy slow little euro boxes like kia picanto's be banned then? e.g. a manual kia picanto (1 litre or whatever they are) vs my auto omega. irrespective of whether he was in the right gear or not i'd put money on my mig out performing that in every way whether going round a bend, up a hill or standing start.............
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 October 2011, 21:48:57 »

thats my point vamps..... you cant do this in an auto  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 October 2011, 21:51:21 »

but then should crappy slow little euro boxes like kia picanto's be banned then? e.g. a manual kia picanto (1 litre or whatever they are) vs my auto omega. irrespective of whether he was in the right gear or not i'd put money on my mig out performing that in every way whether going round a bend, up a hill or standing start.............
WTF?

Now you are comparing cheap, economical, budget runarounds with a 30 grand executive 200bhp saloon  :-X

For the record, around town, I'd put my Rover 25 (manual) up against your Omega (auto) and probably embarrass you ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 October 2011, 21:51:56 »

thats my point vamps..... you cant do this in an auto  :y
/panto mode

Oh yes you can.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.