Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speculate on wheat?  (Read 805 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Speculate on wheat?
« on: 07 August 2010, 11:14:47 »

Here is the plan. Anything you normally buy that is made from wheat, go out and buy extra before the price goes up following the crop failure in Russia. Then when the price goes up you have saved money.

Here is a suggested list.

Beer
Vodka
Pasta
Pizzas
Bread
Hen food
Breakfast cereals
Meat
biscuits
noodles

If you have more money to spare then warehouse stuff and sell it to neighbours later.  ;D ;D 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nickbat

Re: Speculate on wheat?
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2010, 11:36:11 »

Here is the plan. Anything you normally buy that is made from wheat, go out and buy extra before the price goes up following the crop failure in Russia. Then when the price goes up you have saved money.

Beer
Vodka
Pasta
Pizzas
Bread
Hen food
Breakfast cereals
Meat
biscuits
noodles

If you have more money to spare then warehouse stuff and sell it to neighbours later.  ;D ;D 

I know you're jesting, V, but we need to look out for hoarding, which is guaranteed to make a relatively small problem much, much, bigger. :(

Anybody remember the days when sugar suddenly went into short supply due to hoarding?  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2010, 11:47:24 »

Beer
Vodka
Pasta
Pizzas
Bread
Hen food
Breakfast cereals
Meat
biscuits
noodles

I know you're jesting, V, but we need to look out for hoarding, which is guaranteed to make a relatively small problem much, much, bigger. :(

Anybody remember the days when sugar suddenly went into short supply due to hoarding?  ::)
-

Remember it! I still have over a 1000 bags of sugar from when it was in 2lb bags. 97 were from when my aunt died in 1980 . open to offers

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nickbat

« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2010, 15:50:19 »

To put things in perspective, US farmers are experiencing a bountiful crop.

"the average yield of the U.S. crop this year also is up, said Steve Mercer, spokesman for U.S. Wheat Associates. "We have plenty of wheat in the U.S. and plenty in the world," Mercer said.

He said there should be no problem supplying the needs of the domestic market even while more wheat is exported."

Yes, prices are up on world markets, but a shortage there isn't. :y

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2012557339_washwheat07.html

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2010, 11:16:37 »

Did you all make money?

Hen food has gone up here in Spain. Have any grain based supermarket foods gone up in England yet?

I see Barley has gone up £30 per ton since early August,

Pity I drank all the beer I had stockpiled. Not such a good plan as I thought! ;D

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2010, 11:32:15 »

Did you all make money?

Hen food has gone up here in Spain. Have any grain based supermarket foods gone up in England yet?

I see Barley has gone up £30 per ton since early August,

Pity I drank all the beer I had stockpiled. Not such a good plan as I thought! ;D
That explains the thread! ;D ;D ;D
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Mysteryman

« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2010, 14:05:48 »

The price of wheat on the world markets in DOWN today.

Who's been reading the daily express? Fess up now!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2010, 14:24:54 »

Haven't seen a daily express for over seven years maybe a lot longer!

If you have access to the figs what is the price of wheat now compared with start of August say? Our Spanish Agristore has put the price up 10% but that is for small quantities and may just be racketeering

Nickbat

« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2010, 14:55:21 »

Haven't seen a daily express for over seven years maybe a lot longer!

If you have access to the figs what is the price of wheat now compared with start of August say? Our Spanish Agristore has put the price up 10% but that is for small quantities and may just be racketeering

Figs? I thought this was about wheat. Don't tell me the fig harvest is in trouble as well.  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: 09 September 2010, 14:55:32 by Nickbat »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2010, 19:11:55 »

STMO  figs = figures!

Nickbat. Funnily enough it has been a great year for figs due to wet Spring. We have an endless supply of lovely fat black and white figs = food.  quartered and gently poached in moscatel served warm with a scoop of real vanilla ice cream (Spanish food rules) not that imitation Uk crap (British food rules). Food of the gods ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.