Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tax man won't say sorry!  (Read 894 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Tax man won't say sorry!
« on: 11 September 2010, 13:11:27 »

I see the tax man won't say sorry to the 6 million people affected by their incompetence.  More misery heaped on people already struggling.

It wasn't that long ago on this forum I would have been asking for someone to be sacked. Now they won't even say sorry! I sign of things to come? Big Society? or the European Business model perhaps. (Santander, Electric companies and so on)

Oh Dear..................
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Tax man won't say sorry!
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2010, 14:21:07 »

I see that they are saying its not there fault so no need to say sorry !. so whose bloody fault is it then ?? >:(
« Last Edit: 11 September 2010, 14:21:30 by henryd123 »
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2010, 16:12:08 »

They are the big/ clever people with all the power. We are the little/stupid people who must be educated to do as we are told and accept whatever they do. There really isnt any reason why they should say sorry to us is there ?
Once they start saying sorry where would it end ? They could end up in the ludicrous situation where we actually think that they should lose their jobs if they are utterly incompetent with our money. The world could end up in a hell of a mess if we start going down that road. ::) ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2010, 18:33:23 »

It appears he has now realised his gaffe  ::)

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2010, 18:36:11 »

I would imagine that someone senior has realised it for him. ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2010, 18:48:10 »

I would imagine that someone senior has realised it for him. ;)

Actually it wouldn't suprise me if it was someone junior.  That infamous scene where padewan approaches the master and says 'Can I have a word, sir?'  ;D ;D ;D

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2010, 23:08:43 »

The whole system is crap, totally rubbish. I run  2 businesses, and waste countless hours sorting out their mistakes.

I calculated my last years PAYE/NI and paid it. I obviously check it several times ( how much ?  :o), but its correct, so I pay it. They then send me a letter saying I have paid £344 too much.

I have a letter from them with 3 figures and the total at the bottom. The total does not add up to the sum of the previous figures.

Despite having been registered for several years with them, their crap system refused to accept my password, so I had to re-apply ( which means my returns might be late so they can levy a fine ). 4 times they got it wrong, and it was only after I wrote a shitty letter to them that they sorted it out. Well sort of, they are trying to hit me for fines for late filing, even tho it was their fault. I got a phone call recently from one of their people trying to claim this, who was not able to pronounce the name of my company. I ask you who can't pronounce Tardis Properties ?. That is the calibre of who they are hiring, who will get an inflation linked pension when they finish (screwing up  :'( ) .

I believe the situation is : income from tax/NI is stationary, due to unemployment etc, it will only go down. So they have to get other ways of screwing us.  They do not do as their rules suggest as far as sorting out problems, there is some sort of hidden agenda as regards hitting you for a fine for late returns etc. And the software mistakes keep re-occuring year after year, so the programmers are crap.

The whole system is rubbish, it need tearing down, those at the top sacked, and rebuilt. Oh I nearly forgot all programmers who worked on the original implementation should be banned from ever working again on goverment contracts.

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2010, 23:13:40 »

I'm waiting for the letter to say they owe me money....tho ive managed to avoid paying any income tax for the last 2 years  ;D ::) ;D ;D

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2010, 23:26:48 »

Its not about avoiding, its claiming reasonable expenses, which I'm sure yours are  ;D .

The programmers don't know what they are doing, they keep totally changing the system, which is the sign of a system totally out of control, someone comes along and offers a new XYZ system guaranteed to sort all problems. Now the last sytem is crap causing untold problems so the programmers grab it ( a drowning man...), and it goes crap again. I had to fill in some details on Companies House web site, and it asked me what State I lived in 9 I wonder where this was written ). And next it asked for the share value, and gave me a value of punds to 6 decimal places, thats right £1.234567 was a valid entry. Nobody checks this crap.

ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2010, 15:52:03 »

The whole system is crap, totally rubbish. I run  2 businesses, and waste countless hours sorting out their mistakes.

I calculated my last years PAYE/NI and paid it. I obviously check it several times ( how much ?  :o), but its correct, so I pay it. They then send me a letter saying I have paid £344 too much.

I have a letter from them with 3 figures and the total at the bottom. The total does not add up to the sum of the previous figures.

Despite having been registered for several years with them, their crap system refused to accept my password, so I had to re-apply ( which means my returns might be late so they can levy a fine ). 4 times they got it wrong, and it was only after I wrote a shitty letter to them that they sorted it out. Well sort of, they are trying to hit me for fines for late filing, even tho it was their fault. I got a phone call recently from one of their people trying to claim this, who was not able to pronounce the name of my company. I ask you who can't pronounce Tardis Properties ?. That is the calibre of who they are hiring, who will get an inflation linked pension when they finish (screwing up  :'( ) .

I believe the situation is : income from tax/NI is stationary, due to unemployment etc, it will only go down. So they have to get other ways of screwing us.  They do not do as their rules suggest as far as sorting out problems, there is some sort of hidden agenda as regards hitting you for a fine for late returns etc. And the software mistakes keep re-occuring year after year, so the programmers are crap.

The whole system is rubbish, it need tearing down, those at the top sacked, and rebuilt. Oh I nearly forgot all programmers who worked on the original implementation should be banned from ever working again on goverment contracts.

Ken

Ken

It won't happen. Britain is now riddled with the no sacking for doing a crap job culture. Ask yourself how many dozens of bankers got sacked (I would have hung drawn and quartered them for ruining our lives before exiling the remains to somewhere like Australia). the answer is NONE. Instead these people make up exagerated CV's and then "move on" to another cushy big earner and create the same mayhem there whilst telling everyone it is a system problem, a new process bedding in etc etc.

At least he said sorry even if he didn't look sorry. I wouldn't if I went 172 "dining functions" a year or whatever it was. He ought to try living in the real world for a few days.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.