Chat Area > Omega Gallery

Chevrolet Omega 2.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mateus520:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 14 March 2021, 15:29:57 ---Looks like Spectral Blue Paint colour code: L270 / 24L  8)  8)
I had one (Vauxhall Carlton) that colour but with the NON cat 20SE engine .
I see you have the higher spec  "pencil beam" headlamps to fit  :)
very common for the glue to fail on the "blinker" lenses and loose them.
even new old stock lenses require extra fresh glue to retain the lens  ;)

Very nice car you have  :y

--- End quote ---

Thank you!
This car already has the higher specs headlights. I'm just going to change it because it's a little burned inside and it got some infiltration when it's rainy.
And thanks again for the tip for the "blinker" lenses. Mine are a pair of new old stock carellos that i have bought for the car. I'm going to do what you said to assure it will not fall. The "blinkers" that came in the car are from a parallel brand with poor quality as well the taillights are.

luizvivas:
Welcome Mateus! Congratulations on your purchase of ABSOLUTO and good luck with the restoration. My 3000 has been with me for 17 years. In Brazil I am the oldest member of the Clube do Omega MG, participating since the first meeting of the club on April 7, 2007. I read that you are interested in installing a turbo kit in the future. After buying the parts for about 2 years, I looked for a reliable preparer and for 2 and a half years, my engine runs with 1 bar of turbo pressure. For your car, the purchase of parts will be easier and cheaper, because you can easily find ready-made kits for the C20 engine. In my project, there are no ready-to-sale kits in Brazil for the C30NE engine, which made the process more expensive, but the result made up for it in the end.  :y

Mateus520:

--- Quote from: luizvivas on 11 July 2021, 01:46:23 ---Welcome Mateus! Congratulations on your purchase of ABSOLUTO and good luck with the restoration. My 3000 has been with me for 17 years. In Brazil I am the oldest member of the Clube do Omega MG, participating since the first meeting of the club on April 7, 2007. I read that you are interested in installing a turbo kit in the future. After buying the parts for about 2 years, I looked for a reliable preparer and for 2 and a half years, my engine runs with 1 bar of turbo pressure. For your car, the purchase of parts will be easier and cheaper, because you can easily find ready-made kits for the C20 engine. In my project, there are no ready-to-sale kits in Brazil for the C30NE engine, which made the process more expensive, but the result made up for it in the end.  :y

--- End quote ---

Thank you luizvivas! I read about your car, your projet is amazing!! I considered getting a 3.0 as well, but with my current financial condition I would not be able to do what I want, and I actually like a lot the C20NE.
I am also doing most of the job myself. I like to work on cars and since this is a lot more simple project, I guess that I can do it myself. I am from Maringá-PR, and got into the Omega Clube from here about 3 months ago. Unfortunately due the pandemic I did not have gone in any meetings yet. Hope we can do soon. I have family in the south of MG, in Lavras-MG and Perdőes-MG, that are not so far away from Belo Horizonte.

Mateus520:
So here are some updates on the project:

I swapped the wheels for 17 ones:

The documents finally got ready on August, the same month that my radiador blew up. So I parked the car in my garage and started to disassemble the engine.

So here is what I have planned for now:
I took the head off to replace the original head gasket made of fiber to a made of metal, so it will handle better boost. I will also replace the original head screws for a set of forged studs.
Since I already took the head off, it is a lot easier to take the hole engine out without the head, so I will do it to disassemble the oil sump to see the general condition of the bearings and may replace them. I am looking for a set of ARP 209-6003 (it is beeing a little hard, I will probably have to import) to replace the original rod bolts and i will replace the crankshaft cap bolts for stock new ones as well.

The engine itself didn't have any problem and wasn't smoking or consuming too much oil, so no need to rebuild it. It looks like that it have already been rebuilt and instaled new liners. I don't know if installing new liners is something good or bad because I guess it's not suposed to have, but looks good at least. The pistons are stock size ones.

After getting it running again I will focus on make it looks a little bit better, and then install a Megasquirt MS2 and turbocharge it.

cam.in.head:
nice car and one of the better colours. and thefacelift too !
although only a 2 litre they were powerfull enough to get you where you wanted to go and quite refined in doing so.
in the uk with our weather and winter salt they rusted in all the usual places ,wheelarches,sills etc but also a big problem area on those cars more than the 78-86 model before it is that they tended to rust out very badly on the front chassis leg tops and for some reason ONE area on the chassis near the rear spring ( not both sides !)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version