Chat Area > General Car Chat

A very close call...

(1/3) > >>

johnnydog:
Decided to go out in the Omega to collect a chinese last night. Parked on the main road nearby, then walked away from the Omega towards the Chinese. Heard the sound an engine revving hard, followed by the screech of tyres as a nearby car set off and accelerating with its engine screaming in presumably first gear. Turned to look to see what was going on, and saw a Vauxhall Crosland mount the footpath behind the Omega, but thankfully it swerved round it, back onto the road and swerved into a nearby side street, colliding heavily with a parked Seat Leon, which was shunted into a Vauxhall Corsa. Extensive damage was caused to the Crosland and Leon. The Crosland ended up across the road, the driver got out and sat on a chair in the small front garden of a nearby house :o. I hung around as no one else had witnessed it, or could say who the driver was. The 'after the event witnesses' soon appeared. Funny how people who have no idea how to handle a situation such as this want to get involved....
Thankfully, no one was hurt. But how close my Omega came to being written off - too close for comfort including myself too for that matter, as I was on the footpath behind my car when it all started. I would have been truely gutted if he had smacked into my car - it was that close.......
I've got my own thoughts on the reasons why the driver was driving in that manner, but that is for the Police to sort out.
At least the Omega lives for another day..... :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: johnnydog on 19 June 2022, 12:17:10 ---Decided to go out in the Omega to collect a chinese last night. Parked on the main road nearby, then walked away from the Omega towards the Chinese. Heard the sound an engine revving hard, followed by the screech of tyres as a nearby car set off and accelerating with its engine screaming in presumably first gear. Turned to look to see what was going on, and saw a Vauxhall Crosland mount the footpath behind the Omega, but thankfully it swerved round it, back onto the road and swerved into a nearby side street, colliding heavily with a parked Seat Leon, which was shunted into a Vauxhall Corsa. Extensive damage was caused to the Crosland and Leon. The Crosland ended up across the road, the driver got out and sat on a chair in the small front garden of a nearby house :o. I hung around as no one else had witnessed it, or could say who the driver was. The 'after the event witnesses' soon appeared. Funny how people who have no idea how to handle a situation such as this want to get involved....
Thankfully, no one was hurt. But how close my Omega came to being written off - too close for comfort including myself too for that matter, as I was on the footpath behind my car when it all started. I would have been truely gutted if he had smacked into my car - it was that close.......
I've got my own thoughts on the reasons why the driver was driving in that manner, but that is for the Police to sort out.
At least the Omega lives for another day..... :y

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't hold your breath. ::)

Lizzie Zoom:
A near miss indeed :o :o

Glad all is well for you :y

dave the builder:
A lucky escape
they say "it's just a metal car ,easy to replace " yes ,if you want any modern car ,
 not so easy to find a tidy sorted Omega though  ::)

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 19 June 2022, 18:26:37 ---A lucky escape
they say "it's just a metal car ,easy to replace " yes ,if you want any modern car ,
 not so easy to find a tidy sorted Omega though  ::)

--- End quote ---
And why I rebuilt mine twice. The 'sorted' bits are all service items that wear out on anything if you own it long enough.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version