Chat Area > General Discussion Area

JLR madness

<< < (7/7)

Marks DTM Calib:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 28 June 2022, 18:42:08 ---
--- Quote from: Viral_Jim on 28 June 2022, 18:31:47 --- .....
Presumably this is referring to the L320 RR Sport? IIRC these were basically an L319 (Disco 3) in a party frock and these too had a number of body off jobs.  .....

--- End quote ---

I thought a Range Rover was a Ranger Rover .....  ::)

--- End quote ---

Its a shared platform, as it is today, and as every manufacturer does. When you consider a platform costs many billions to develop its sensible.

As an example, the recent Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Dicovery are D7u, Defender is D7x, XE, XF, F-Pace and Velar are D7a, i-Pace is D7e, there are some similarities in how it goes together, but thats it

New Range Rover and Range Rover sport is MLA (New platform).

Look at the VAG range and you will see the golf platform all over the place (MQB)

Also Mercedes MRA is common across loads of the range (and creates an issue at the bottom and top end for them as a result, hence the A class having a new platform which will move across thier lower segments)

Similarly BMW, who many say have now destroyed the 1 series by using the Mini transverse platform meaning there is no rear wheel drive 1 series available any more, only AWD with FWD for cruising.

Andy B:
Thanks Mark  :)
I know that I never know a Range Rover from a Discovery ...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version