Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My best friends demise,  (Read 1074 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
My best friends demise,
« on: 30 June 2022, 16:03:34 »

my good pal in York that I drank with almost every Saturday night for years was taking his son some where & whilst in the car started to feel ill, so much so that his son took him to the A&E. sadly he never came out. he was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of leukemia. he was given 3 blood transfusions but nothing worked.  when his wife went to see him on the Monday she was told that he wouldnt last the  week. he died on the Wednesday. when he was first admitted his prognosis was he had covid. i believe there was a delay in getting the blood test results because of staffing problems due to the Queens jubilee, though poor sod would not have survived anyway. life is sh*t sometimes

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: My best friends demise,
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2022, 16:21:37 »

None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Quite often people worry about one thing or another and it is something completely different that takes them into the next world.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2022, 17:19:43 »

That is very sad, but when our time is up it is no matter what we try and do to stop it. :'( :'(

Just shows how the life we have is so precious and should be valued no matter what shit is happening else where around us ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2022, 18:05:32 »

Sorry to hear about your mate Ray.  :(

When someone has a relatively quick end like this though, I always think it's a kind of blessing that they didn't suffer for months or even years on end like some sadly do before they go.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2022, 18:27:10 »

MIL was taken to hospital with a stroke about 10 days ago. She is strong as a horse and within a couple of days was almost back to normal and they were starting to organise sending her home.
Then her oxygen levels dropped and tests showed she had now picked up Pneumonia in hospital.
Now in ICU and FIL was told today they dont think she is going to get better.
You just never know......
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2022, 19:46:39 »

MIL was taken to hospital with a stroke about 10 days ago. She is strong as a horse and within a couple of days was almost back to normal and they were starting to organise sending her home.
Then her oxygen levels dropped and tests showed she had now picked up Pneumonia in hospital.
Now in ICU and FIL was told today they dont think she is going to get better.
You just never know......

Hope your MIL pulls through.

That's more or less what happened to my Mum. I went into hospital on the Monday morning to try and arrange to get her out that afternoon/evening because they said she was ready for discharge. When I went back that evening to get her she was going down hill and it was obvious the nurses were worried. She had caught "Hospital acquired Pnenomia". She died about 9am the following (Tuesday) morning.

One thing to be aware of is that Sepsis can have similar symptoms to pneumonia. If Sepsis goes on the death cert then the Sh1t hits the fan and the hospital is in trouble - it's notifyabe to the health department and I think required an inquest and post mortem. So I often wonder if "Hospital aquired pneumonia" is used in place of Sepsis coz it's less aggro for all involved.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2022, 21:39:17 »

I must remember to avoid this thread.

I’ve been in hospital for three weeks now after thirteen weeks of illness and had every test going. X-Ray, CT, MRI, Echo, Ultrasound etc. and I’m hooked up to antibiotics. I’ve had a camera in to the heart, (I was born with a hole in the heart but there’s no change there) , a brain scan and lord knows what else. I’m on Ensure food supplement as I’ve lost two and a half stone, and hooked up to a drip to control my low blood pressure. Currently laid here in Wycombe hospital watching a blood transfusion go through the cannula to get some iron in me. I originally thought I had long covid but it’s not.
This thread has just knocked me for six.  I’m big enough and ugly enough to admit that I’m genuinely scared.   

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2022, 21:42:18 »

Jesus, hang in there mate!  :o  :(  And get well soon!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2022, 22:53:44 »

I’ve been in hospital for three weeks now after thirteen weeks of illness and had every test going. X-Ray, CT, MRI, Echo, Ultrasound etc. and I’m hooked up to antibiotics. I’ve had a camera in to the heart, (I was born with a hole in the heart but there’s no change there) , a brain scan and lord knows what else. I’m on Ensure food supplement as I’ve lost two and a half stone, and hooked up to a drip to control my low blood pressure. Currently laid here in Wycombe hospital watching a blood transfusion go through the cannula to get some iron in me. I originally thought I had long covid but it’s not.
This thread has just knocked me for six.  I’m big enough and ugly enough to admit that I’m genuinely scared.

Bloody hell .... no wonder you're scared. Hang in there Alan. Get well soon mate. :y

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2022, 06:53:11 »

Thats not good Al. All the best for a full recovery

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2022, 07:30:42 »

Yes, wishing you a full recovery. We need to be thankful for each day of good health.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2022, 09:29:44 »

Not sure where to start, but this thread certainly puts a perspective on what we have been facing at work the last couple of days... Waiting 3 or 4 days to get somewhere is a minor inconvenience in comparison.

My thoughts are with you all.

Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2022, 14:09:48 »

Health is probably the one thing a lot take for granted, certainly hope that your situation improves dramatically an awful situation to be in.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2022, 14:15:01 »

Oh dear, that is not good, and I feel for you :-* :-* :-*

You are obviously in the best place for professional medical attention, who hopefully will pull you through.  As I said previously in this thread, how the life we have is so precious and should be valued no matter what shit is happening else where around us.  All being in well ou will pull through, and even if you are not religious, it is now time to pray for it!! :D :D

All the very best  :) :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2022, 14:21:46 »

Jeez Al :o.  Do they have any idea what it could be?

I'll be thinking of you, and wish you a speedy recovery.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.