Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Capital Punishment

(1/3) > >>

Sir Tigger KC:
I've never believed in capital punishment, but think that life should mean life and murderers should spend the rest of their lives behind bars, preferably in a bare cell with only the walls to look at.

But when little girls are getting casually knifed on the streets of Britain in broad daylight is it time to revisit the issue?  ???

RIP Lilia Valutyte  :'(

Raeturbo:
Yes it would save us a fortune too. People who do crimes such as that should be given to the parents who would ensure a nice passing. Would be a good deterrent too.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Im a firm believer in capital punishment for the most serious of crimes. Its never going to happen though.  :(

Rangie:
Unfortunately it is very doubtful if the death penalty will ever return, personally I believe it should but too many educated idiots think that they can work with & cure these evil bastards.

Kevin Wood:

--- Quote from: Rangie on 31 July 2022, 07:55:49 ---Unfortunately it is very doubtful if the death penalty will ever return, personally I believe it should but too many educated idiots think that they can work with & cure these evil bastards.

--- End quote ---

This is the problem. Too much emphasis on "rehabilitation" of the poor, misguided perpetrator and we forget that they're getting put away primarily to keep them off the streets and protect the public. We're forgetting who the victim is, as usual.

The problem with capital punishment is that, if you make one wrongful conviction, you have failed in a terrible way. I'm all for murderers never seeing the light of day again, though. With that understood, we can forget about rehabilitation and focus on making the rest of their days as miserable as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version