Chat Area > General Car Chat

VW Passat jamming seatbelt

(1/5) > >>

grifter:
Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has or had one of these cars, it's my brother's car (2014 plate) and the drivers seat belt is doing his head in, it keeps locking when he's trying to pull it on. He asked VW about a new seatbelt and they said they have them but are about 360 each just for the part, so problably 500 all in plus fitting.

I'm pretty sure this is one way i.e sealed unit and not able to fix. The VW garage said bring it in and they can check it, but imagine it's a new seat belt it would need.

Thanks

G

Doctor Gollum:
It will need removing to investigate. At which point bolting in a new one will be quicker than prodding and poking at the broken one.

If summat has failed you won't be able buy the failed part, even if you access/replace it.

Factor in any airbaggery related wiring etc, you may as well just get a new one.

TheBoy:
Yup, I would replace.  Not necessarily with a brand new one if you can find a good one the right colour.

Rangie:
Had exactly the same problem on a Hyundai Terracan, replaced the complete unit as it was driving me crazy, from memory it was around the £300 mark.

STEMO:
Wife's astra was doing it, only when the weather was hot, strangely. It was ok once halfway out.
Couldn't be arsed to give it to Vx and local garage said they couldn't find anything wrong.
So I pulled it half out (not fully halfway, just half travel of the normal use) and fitted two of these to stop it fully retracting. A bodge, yes, but it works.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newseego-Adjuster-Seatbelt-Comfortable-Experience/dp/B07F2V9WW2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version