Trading Area > Cars for Sale & wanted

Manual 2.6 Elite for sale

(1/10) > >>

omega2018:
Sadly thanks to Mr Ulez the mayor of London I have to sell my mig. 

I have no idea what it is worth, please do offer opinions. Can't be many manuals left.

2001 V6 2.6 petrol manual in the rare Star Silver :y.
I've owned it for 10.5 years.
129K miles.
Reg X949 SPU
Just got through it's MOT - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=x949+spu
Usual advisories - discs pitted but not seriously weakened, springs corroded (they were corroded a year after I fitted them  in 2014 but no MOT tester complained until now :o)
Cam gaskets done at 120K with new spark plugs.
Cam belt changed by James at 82K.
No codes showing.
Always run on super unleaded and with fully syn oil since 2013 (API SN only - compatible with old seals).
Oil changes every 5K miles or less.
Converted to spin on filter in 2013 (best thing I ever did in terms of effort v benefit).
Hilper's boot mod.
Velour seats.
All the usual Elite stuff - cruise, bose sound with integrated phone, multi cd, air con, heated and fully electric seats and wing mirrors, memory for seats, wing mirrors and rear view mirror, 17" alloy wheels.

Everything working.

I also have some spares e.g. replacement electric rear blind, set of new FAI wishbones which have never been needed. Full set of original brochures.

I've only had 2 cars in 25 years, this one and a 1998 2.5 V6 omega I had from new.  I'll be very sad to see it go, the replacement merc cl is only part consolation :'(.

JamesV6CDX:
Where and when did I change this belt, I can't remember!

(Not for a single minute suggesting I didn't... I am just having a mental block, I've done many! :y)

Based on the ad, the cambelt kit is due, which will reduce the resale price. If you want it doing again, give me a shout and propose a (dry) day!

Offer of course, stands also to any potential new owner :y :y

omega2018:

--- Quote from: JamesV6CDX on 28 January 2023, 22:15:14 ---Where and when did I change this belt, I can't remember!

(Not for a single minute suggesting I didn't... I am just having a mental block, I've done many! :y)

Based on the ad, the cambelt kit is due, which will reduce the resale price. If you want it doing again, give me a shout and propose a (dry) day!

Offer of course, stands also to any potential new owner :y :y

--- End quote ---
Hi James, 08/07/14 west London.  Was a bit wet, just drizzle as I recall.  You had some nice new yellow plastic wheel ramps.

My first mig had a cambelt go on it.  Made a lot of noise days beforehand and the day before I had taken it to the local Vaux dealer who thought it might be the waterpump ::)   Was at 59-60K as I recall.  No noise on this one yet,  I trust your fitting and choice of make - if I were to keep it I would wait until the noise appears but will recommend any new owner contacts you.

omega2018:
Omega 2.6 litre V6 engine - not ULEZ complaint (unless registered after 2002 in which case it is, with identical engine).
My replacement - Merc CL 5.5 litre V8 engine, ULEZ compliant.

How does that work?

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: omega2018 on 28 January 2023, 22:42:50 ---Omega 2.6 litre V6 engine - not ULEZ complaint (unless registered after 2002 in which case it is, with identical engine).
My replacement - Merc CL 5.5 litre V8 engine, ULEZ compliant.

How does that work?

--- End quote ---
That's where my thinking is going too. They write the rules, all we can do is exploit the loopholes :D

Oh, and you'll need to add a price to comply with forum rules  ;)

I would suggest a figure well above what you might want to see, with the caveat that all offers will be entertained. For example £5,000 but be prepared to be offered a fifth of that ;)

If someone is interested, they will have a figure in mind regardless of what you might be asking.

Being a manual makes it rarer, but it isn't necessarily a selling point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version