Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Who is the Stig thread?

(1/8) > >>

bob.dent:
After seeing a couple of mentions of this in the Vectra VXR thread, thought it would be a good idea to start a dedicated Stig thread :)

R McB thinks maybe it's Martin Brundle and I suggested Mark Blundell. We know that the first Stig was Perry McCarthy who was well known in racing circles but not so well known to the public, so it could be that the current Stig is also someone not so well known.

Maybe someone out there knows for sure, so come on lets hear from you ;)

Markie:
I am reliably informed by someone who knows someone on the production team that it is indeed

Perry McCarthy

You read it here first, er second.

Markie:
the above sounds real good and makes me out to be in the know doesnt it......ok i lied  :(

i googled this a few months ago.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

bob.dent:

--- Quote ---I am reliably informed by someone who knows someone on the production team that it is indeed

Perry McCarthy

You read it here first, er second.
--- End quote ---

He was indeed but he left the show before the last series started. He was the first Stig (black outfit and helmet), but who is the latest Stig in the white outfit?

Big Rod:
A mate of mine saw him with his visor up while he was road testing a Cateham 7 in or around Knockhill a wee while ago, but couldn't recognise him from the split second view he got.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version