Chat Area > General Discussion Area

OLD FOGEYS

(1/3) > >>

STMO123:
I dropped the wife off for a works do last night in a liitle place called Wentworth in S. Yorks. As I was driving back I was held up by an old boy stopping traffic to let a car park empty out. It was an MG gathering and as I was in the wifes ZT I thought they would give me a 'cheery wave'. Not at all, they looked disapprovingly at it as if to say 'upstart'. I followed them for a while and as soon as I got a Bit of open road I razzed past them (in 2nd) to let them know what a real MG should sound like.

Then I had a thought...they dont make omegas any more, and every one that Macburger or Mark cannibalises is one less.

Pretty soon there wont be that many around. Will we all meet up in car parks and drive round country lanes at 20mph? Will we have a funny handshake? Will we bolt bits of chrome onto our beloved omegas?

Then I thought 'Nah' the b*****n things are so badly put together that there wont be any left in a year or two.

You would tell me if I was rambling, wouln't you? ;D

Salty:
How many of them had beards?

Any softtops with flat caps?

or am I being stereotypical ::)

STMO123:
Almost every one, as it happens

bob.dent:

--- Quote ---You would tell me if I was rambling, wouln't you? ;D
--- End quote ---

Oh alright then......you're rambling ;D ;D

Salty:
As things get older it takes more work to keep them going, maybe that's why they all have beards. No time to shave through fixing the car, or to keep the face warm while fixing it in the middle of winter ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version