Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157128 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #465 on: 27 May 2012, 12:00:03 »

I find it odd that everyone is speaking what they think but the admins. I thought this post was supposed to be dialogue but seems they people running the site dont care  >:(.

Are the admins too busy infighting themselves to care what is happening to the OOF  >:( ?

<snip>

If we are expected to say wot we think is wrong with the OOF then the admins should have the decency to at least join in  >:(. Will we get a reply from the boy or his gang? Doubt it  >:(
mikesomega - rest assured that I am reading every single post in this thread, and I really do care about what members think. Honestly. I suspect the other Admin Team members are reading as well.

I purposely haven't really responded to my views, as I don't want to influence peoples views (which does seem to happen, sadly).

But you'll notice a few pages back, I did summerise what, purely from this thread, I thought the members were saying the problems were.

This thread was intended as a listening exercise, not a two way dialogue for the reasons I stated above.

I hope that clarifies.

(The <snipped> query I may reply to later, not really sure I should make my views known)
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 27 May 2012, 12:02:12 »

I find it odd that everyone is speaking what they think but the admins. I thought this post was supposed to be dialogue but seems they people running the site dont care  >:(.

Are the admins too busy infighting themselves to care what is happening to the OOF  >:( ?

<snip>

If we are expected to say wot we think is wrong with the OOF then the admins should have the decency to at least join in  >:(. Will we get a reply from the boy or his gang? Doubt it  >:(
mikesomega - rest assured that I am reading every single post in this thread, and I really do care about what members think. Honestly. I suspect the other Admin Team members are reading as well.

I purposely haven't really responded to my views, as I don't want to influence peoples views (which does seem to happen, sadly).

But you'll notice a few pages back, I did summerise what, purely from this thread, I thought the members were saying the problems were.

This thread was intended as a listening exercise, not a two way dialogue for the reasons I stated above.

I hope that clarifies.

(The <snipped> query I may reply to later, not really sure I should make my views known)
Not mine :P ;D :-*
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 27 May 2012, 12:09:00 »

<snip>

I hope that clarifies.

What TB says.
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 27 May 2012, 12:09:55 »

Feel free to post them here ;)
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 27 May 2012, 13:44:46 »

As has been previously posted by some members, the banter & joviality has for whatever reason gradually diminished and has to a certain degree been replaced with argumentative posts on threads as opposed to debateable. Voice an opinion, if someone is in disagreement the thread then degenerates into a slanging match and the articulate members shy away from posting.
Admin I feel, have a challenging, if not sometimes insurmountable task to moderate every thread. IMO they`re damned if they do and damned if they don`t. There have been occasions where Broocie (H21) has forgotten he`s no longer a serving member of the constabulary and dons his "plod" hat, but I/we just accept the old adage "once a copper always a copper" ;D ;D
It still appears that the thorn in the side of many members is this thread http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=100127.0
where the actions of mods/admin were akin to using a "sledgehammer to crack a nut"

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 27 May 2012, 14:04:51 »

It may alarm those in the general Forum membership reading some of the opinions expressed on this thread that the Forum is in somewhat of a hole at the moment - please do not worry, the Administrators and Moderators are looking into it. :y :-*
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 14:23:45 by Delightful Den »

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 27 May 2012, 14:21:04 »

It may alarm those in the general Forum membership reading some of the opinions expressed on this thread that the Forum in somewhat of a hole at the moment - please do not worry, the Administrators and Moderators are looking into it. :y :-*
Admin dig team perchance ;D ;D :D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 27 May 2012, 14:39:03 »

....... There have been occasions where Broocie (H21) has forgotten he`s no longer a serving member of the constabulary and dons his "plod" hat, but I/we just accept the old adage "once a copper always a copper" ;D ;D .....

And if I had been a manager in HR, a member of the military with troops to contend with or any other similar position and thereafter became a moderator/admin on an internet forum, would that make any difference to how something is moderated?

Or is there something in how folks perceive my previous career as something that should be treated differently to any other vocation?

Just because someone worked as a joiner/plumber/manager/whatever for the better part of their working lives.  So what?

I really would appreciate if you want to expand on your quote.   :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 27 May 2012, 15:19:05 »

would that make any difference to how something is moderated?
Where did I say you moderated as if you were still in service ???

folks perceive my previous career as something that should be treated differently to any other vocation?
That wasn`t mentioned.

Just because someone worked as a joiner/plumber/manager/whatever for the better part of their working lives.  So what?
Doesn`t make an iota of difference.

I was not referring to your admin duties as a whole but there have been a fair few of your posts (and no, I haven`t the time nor inclination to search for them :)) where it appears, no doubt unintentionally, that a sprinkling of patronisation is evident. :-\ I may be wrong but that`s how I and other members have perceived them. If said members wish to add further comments in agreement or disagreement that is their perogative

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 27 May 2012, 15:33:29 »

Fair play, you did not mention moderation but that was how it was taken by me.  :y

As regards how folks take my posts that is of course entirely their prerogative but bear in mind, it is a bit like tracer rounds. It works both ways.   ;D   As we all grow older we become what we are due to life's influences. Some good, some less so, and is what makes us all different. The typed page and limited emoticons simply cannot clearly convey what's intended all the time. But that's just how it is and where meets are the best way to see the real person and the catalyst for friendships which then spill back onto the forum and the whole cycle starts again.  :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 27 May 2012, 15:46:05 »

Fair play, you did not mention moderation but that was how it was taken by me:y

As regards how folks take my posts that is of course entirely their prerogative but bear in mind, it is a bit like tracer rounds. It works both ways.   ;D   As we all grow older we become what we are due to life's influences. Some good, some less so, and is what makes us all different. The typed page and limited emoticons simply cannot clearly convey what's intended all the time. But that's just how it is and where meets are the best way to see the real person and the catalyst for friendships which then spill back onto the forum and the whole cycle starts again.  :)
should have been a bit more articulate :D
Got loads of `em here.

feeutfo

« Reply #476 on: 27 May 2012, 16:48:55 »

It may alarm those in the general Forum membership reading some of the opinions expressed on this thread that the Forum in somewhat of a hole at the moment - please do not worry, the Administrators and Moderators are looking into it. :y :-*
Admin dig team perchance ;D ;D :D

;D

mikesomega

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 27 May 2012, 17:55:33 »

Sorry I was wrong.

It did feel like everyone was saying what the faults were but no1 listening.

mikesomega

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 27 May 2012, 18:03:15 »

And if you read his posts, he asked not to be a moderator any more ;)

It's a huge shame that DLK has decided the actions he has and I will be very sad not to see him at the meets. He's one of the people I've met through OOF over the last 4 years or so that I class as a friend (instead of an acquaintance) but I respect his decision ;) I know that he and I will still meet up whenever our paths cross and it can be arranged and I'm sure I'll hear his voice over the phone reasonably frequently ;)

Unfortunately the whole sorry incident is going to be hanging over this forum for a while. This is a big shame because (however you feel about the situation) there was no real "good" outcome when there was such ill feeling :'( I know Jimbob made a decision based on what he perceived to be the right course of action. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't. But it has highlighted that having your partner as a member when you are moderating is an awkward and uncomfortable position to find yourself in ;) That situation has now been resolved with the unfortunate loss of a member :'( Ljay and I may not have always seen eye to eye but it's still sad to lose a member ;) Personally I didn't see anything wrong with the comment that sparked it all  ??? After all, Ljay has posted similar many times in the past ;) But it sparked a dreadful sequence of events that has ended as it has. Perhaps the whole thing could have been handled differently but this is the real world and we need to move forwards... The past cannot be changed ;)

So you think looknee jumped and wasnot pushed? Interesting. I sense some squabbling with the admins.

It is a bloody travesty what has happened or at least seems that way to an outsider with a keen eye to bullying. If I am write its a f***ing disgrace.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 27 May 2012, 18:22:04 »

You are wrong.
I like red cars
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.