Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Start an Audi forum?  (Read 4398 times)

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: Start an Audi forum?
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2012, 09:42:57 »

The cost? £26k  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Its nice, but not worth that, my Elite did not even cost 4 figures  ;D

;D I only paid 2,500, but it is a 2003 reg  :( Maybe in 10 years I can buy ine of those  ;D
TC Card, will buy parts for members near by. V6 Camshaft locking kit can rent out to members at club rates.

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2012, 09:46:46 »

I aim to make it my personal mission in life to kill all Audi`s....especially S-line A4`s........ My prefered weapon of choice is a veccy c estate..... ::) ::) ::)

That's a bit harsh :o Must admit though, it's really annoying when one come up behind you on the motorway, so you plet it through only to find it's a poxy A3. They should have different fronts so we can discriminate!
TC Card, will buy parts for members near by. V6 Camshaft locking kit can rent out to members at club rates.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 October 2012, 09:49:55 »

The cost? £26k  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Its nice, but not worth that, my Elite did not even cost 4 figures  ;D

;D I only paid 2,500, but it is a 2003 reg  :( Maybe in 10 years I can buy ine of those  ;D

Mine's an 2002, but its got 2003 leather  :D

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 October 2012, 09:51:22 »

Problem with all the Audi's, quite a complex front suspension setup which eats bushes (makes Omega wishbones look good).

Meyle do a HD kit for them......not cheap though!

Plus only the four wheel drive Audis actualy handle that well, the rest understeer like b-stards

Hmm, lots to look out for then. I've got the 4wd and I must admit it's the first car I've ever had that goes in a straight line. Even after loads of trips to WIM (as they used to be called) my miggys always had a wonky steering wheel ;D I have noticed though that I get front end vibration braking at 80 which I thought might be the wishbones. I bought it at 95k, got the timing belt dones first thing but sounds like I should start saving for the front end!

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 02 October 2012, 09:52:22 »

I aim to make it my personal mission in life to kill all Audi`s....especially S-line A4`s........ My prefered weapon of choice is a veccy c estate..... ::) ::) ::)

That's a bit harsh :o Must admit though, it's really annoying when one come up behind you on the motorway, so you plet it through only to find it's a poxy A3. They should have different fronts so we can discriminate!
no discrimination here, they are ALL cocks IMO. ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 October 2012, 10:39:59 »

Problem with all the Audi's, quite a complex front suspension setup which eats bushes (makes Omega wishbones look good).

Plus only the four wheel drive Audis actualy handle that well, the rest understeer like b-stards

Hmm, lots to look out for then. I've got the 4wd and I must admit it's the first car I've ever had that goes in a straight line. Even after loads of trips to WIM (as they used to be called) my miggys always had a wonky steering wheel ;D I have noticed though that I get front end vibration braking at 80 which I thought might be the wishbones. I bought it at 95k, got the timing belt dones first thing but sounds like I should start saving for the front end!

Not really a wishbone type setup, lots and lots of diferent link arms and you realy need to do the lot to sort it for any length of time.

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 October 2012, 11:13:25 »

Not really a wishbone type setup, lots and lots of diferent link arms and you realy need to do the lot to sort it for any length of time.

Thanks Mark, that will save me some embarasment ;D Bently seem to be the only people who do a manual for this car but I think I'll need to but it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 October 2012, 18:49:18 »

Its loosely a double wishbone setup.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #23 on: 02 October 2012, 19:29:15 »

All German do, hang on...

feeutfo

« Reply #24 on: 02 October 2012, 19:31:00 »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2012, 19:48:57 »

Whatever it is... I didn't do it

chrisdb

• Intermediate Member
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 October 2012, 12:48:18 »

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 October 2012, 15:52:07 »

That would me me ;D ;D and thanks fir the help with that Mark all going well now and your right with the front end ....its a diffrent set up to the Omegas and it has 4 control arms per side so when they wear out it can be fun...

Thanks for the help with that Mark it was nice to see you again  :yand as i recal we where working in the rain  ::) ::) 

Do miss the old girl :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: 03 October 2012, 15:55:26 by SP_3.2 »
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 October 2012, 15:56:17 »

[
« Last Edit: 03 October 2012, 15:58:14 by SP_3.2 »
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

feeutfo

« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2012, 16:44:12 »

Hahay Steve, how's things? Gone all Audi on us? :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.