Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: You've got to love facebook...  (Read 3914 times)

05omegav6

You've got to love facebook...
« on: 02 November 2014, 06:31:22 »

Got punched in the side of the head earlier >:(

The reason? Four people (three blokes and a bird all out together) trying to haggle to go to two different places not exactly next to each other, and neither places I have been to recently. As usual, and so that I know I am a) charging a 'fare' ::) price and b) not being mugged off, I pop both post codes into the idiot box to get an idea of distance, and therefore a guesstimate of the fare. This way I am at least haggling on level ground.

First address, no problem. Second address, she starts off about getting home to her 15month old twins, he then chimes in with flucking this and flucking that, to which I reply, 'If you're to be like that, I'll not be taking you'.

As I move off, they both take a swipe at the car (unfortunately it hasn't been washed for two weeks :-[). I then get flagged over. As the new people are getting in, one of the previous blokes shoves his way towards me. I started to close the window, but it had barely started moving when he leaned over shouting 'I'll give you a king address' and took a swing, which I nearly dodged, but caught me just above and behind the ear. At this point I took off, and hopefully smacked his wrist with the B post.

Police called and a statement taken along with witness details of the two sensible passengers I had in the car.

I phoned a couple of colleagues to make them aware of these four people, but it transpired one of them had them in the car as I rang him. Suffice to say they gave him no bother, but one was over chatty, and mentioned where they worked, and the bloke who hit me and his missus got dropped off outside their local rather than their house, whereas tother two got dropped at a specific address.

Anywhoo a bit of digging courtesy of the chatty bloke via my colleague, I identified where the blokes work, and a quick google has got me the name and work contact number for the bloke who hit me... including, and this is why I love facebook...
The company facebook page, with links to trade articles which name him, conveniently with pictures. Another quick bit of googling found several facebook links, with pictures of him, his partners name (a search of which produces clear pictures of the woman he was with), recent pics of his twins (which puts them at the age the woman suggested when she was kicking off earlier). He is also on Linkedin, again with a nice clear picture, so there is no ambiguity as to who he is.

It turns out that he is also a director of another firm, which happens to be registered to his home address :-X

Are people really born this stupid :o

Question is, do I drop him an email and give him the good news, or do I let the Police turn up at his office on Monday ::) I'm not sure which will ruin his week more...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: You've got to love facebook...
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2014, 07:47:33 »

Nice bit of social engineering there :y

Give it all the plod.  Sounds like the type that if you call them will say you were threatening them over the phone.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2014, 08:16:30 »

I'd be preffering a wad of cash by way of an apology and in lieu of his proffesional reputation being damaged by being dragged through the local courts and press. Sending the coppers round is perfectly acceptable too though!

Social media has made tracking people so easy :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2014, 08:54:55 »

Police  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2014, 09:36:46 »

Sorry to hear that Al...I wouldn't make contact with him....let the plod sort it  :y

And the reason I wont work fri/sat evenings....sometimes its hard work with sober peeps in the car, let alone drunk ones  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 November 2014, 09:42:32 »

Go round and see him,and see about a cash settlement, and also let plod sort him.
Teach him for being a t++++++, idiotic numbty :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Rog

« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2014, 09:49:57 »

Leave it to plod. Any personal involvement will open a bigger can of worms

But yes, people are thick. They put everything on Effbook and make stupid comments on Twitiot and are then surprised that they get found out on things and everyone knows their business. The "assailant" runs a company ? Even worse. Some years ago I worked for an American company that told managers to never do anything that we wouldn't want in the newspapers. Good advice.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 November 2014, 09:57:11 »

Easy and difficult.

Easy answer, leave it to the Police to deal with.

Difficult in your situation, because you are probably very angry with the tosser.  You want to personally make him look like the complete prat he is.

With many a beer on board, he had all the confidence in the world.  Chances are, in the cold light of day he will be a different bloke and would more than likely apologise to you straight away.

Meh.  If it were in this position, unless he was 6'6" and built like a brick shithouse, I'd knock on the door and have a cozy chat.

Forget all that, lets have a look at this mug and see for ourselves.  ;D

PM if necessary!  :P
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 November 2014, 10:25:06 »

Easy and difficult.

Easy answer, leave it to the Police to deal with.

Difficult in your situation, because you are probably very angry with the tosser.  You want to personally make him look like the complete prat he is.

With many a beer on board, he had all the confidence in the world.  Chances are, in the cold light of day he will be a different bloke and would more than likely apologise to you straight away.

Meh.  If it were in this position, unless he was 6'6" and built like a brick shithouse, I'd knock on the door and have a cozy chat.

Forget all that, lets have a look at this mug and see for ourselves;D

PM if necessary!  :P

Go on lets have a look at the ponce via pm, I'm sure I can dig up a bit more on him through the web for you.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

powerslinky

« Reply #9 on: 02 November 2014, 11:11:03 »

Nice bit of detection Al :y  :y . . . . but let the police deaL with it first IMO. Any personal contact from you  will not do any good I would say .

Oh, 7 hope your head is not too sore  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2014, 11:12:43 »

Taxi driving can be a perilous job.....especially if you chose to do  the 'nightshift'.

My BIL was a taxi driver for 30 years and hated about 29 years and 6 months of his time behind the wheel. He was spat at.......punched on numerous occassions.......puked over. Verbal abuse was common, as were 'runners'.

I feel for you, Al. This dickhead is clearly not on your christmas card list.

Name and shame the piece of shit. :y
« Last Edit: 02 November 2014, 11:15:05 by Doctor Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 November 2014, 11:15:10 »

Yep as said stand back and let the Boys in Blue sort him out.  :y 

If you go round he'll start claiming you've been threatening and harrassing him, which will muddy the waters of your straight forward assault complaint.  ;)

Well done on tracking the scumbag down!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #12 on: 02 November 2014, 11:34:04 »

driving a taxi is hard job.. I can understand you Al..

but let the police solve :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 November 2014, 11:35:08 »

Sadly, I don't think the police will do anything. :-\

Plan 'B'  may give you more satisfaction, Al. :y :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 02 November 2014, 11:36:40 by Doctor Opti »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 November 2014, 11:39:06 »

For me, in the first instance let plod deal with it  ;)

When plod have finished, THAT is the time to have a little fun with the w@nker  :)

Put it this way, he would never be able to get a taxi in those parts again  :)
And remember, you know where he lives and lot about him  :-X
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.