Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MB Club member lost for words !!  (Read 6032 times)

STEMO

Re: MB Club member lost for words !!
« Reply #30 on: 10 November 2015, 14:35:35 »

He's right, you know. I'd love a V8 (if I could afford to run one). 10 years ago it would have been the monaro, now it's the merc.

.....and decade from now you will be lusting after an Austin 1100 Vanden Plas complete with leather seats, picnic tables, and a tartan rug.  ;D

It's sad how our horizons close in as we age. ::)
A decade from now I'll be happy if I can still drive  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 November 2015, 15:07:27 »

He's right, you know. I'd love a V8 (if I could afford to run one). 10 years ago it would have been the monaro, now it's the merc.

.....and decade from now you will be lusting after an Austin 1100 Vanden Plas complete with leather seats, picnic tables, and a tartan rug.  ;D

It's sad how our horizons close in as we age. ::)
A decade from now I'll be happy if I can still drive  :)

I'll be happy when you are finally off the road for good. ;) ;D

Nothing wrong with the bus service in cosmopolitan Barnsley. :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #32 on: 10 November 2015, 15:45:18 »

Thanks for your input guys, I think I made the right choice, I like the understated look no V8 badges or loud exhaust noise just sheer endless power if you want/need it as you see from the ad it has more options than I'll ever need or use & is so comfortable & in the car park at work it will be the only one amongst dozens of euro boxes.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 November 2015, 16:58:00 »

Thanks for your input guys, I think I made the right choice, I like the understated look no V8 badges or loud exhaust noise just sheer endless power if you want/need it as you see from the ad it has more options than I'll ever need or use & is so comfortable & in the car park at work it will be the only one amongst dozens of euro boxes.

Yes. Discreet is always preferable to loud and brash. :y

Not the sort of car you would drive whilst wearing a back to front baseball cap. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #34 on: 10 November 2015, 17:05:57 »

Yes. Discreet is always preferable to loud and brash. :y

Not the sort of car you would drive whilst wearing a back to front baseball cap. :y

My 8 year old Grandson summed it up in one word "cool".   Got to admit I like that 😀 😀 😀

2boxerdogs

« Reply #35 on: 11 November 2015, 04:44:22 »

A stunning looking example. Some Mercs of that vintage can rust worse than an old Alfasud, but it looks like you've got a good one.
As for the Monaro option, it would be like choosing a suit from Burtons instead of Armani.  :)

Could not have put it better myself.!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.