Chat Area > General Car Chat

VW 2.0l Passat DTI DSG

<< < (2/3) > >>

tunnie:
Consider the latter shape Passat CC, I had 2013 one. Loads more kit as standard, leather, Xenons etc. The head lights are outstanding on them!

I had 2.0 TDi Manual, but I wished I went DSG and ignored the scaremongering. As long as it’s had it’s regular services should be fine.

Exceptionally economical, truck speed cruise control and I saw 76mpg combined on run up north.

60mpg for normal driving and 50’s even when going large everywhere. It’s a refined diesel lump, the one in my Zaf is a proper tractor like one.

VCDS/Vag-Com is easily installed on laptops and gives you full Tech2 level diagnostics.

I found mine comfy, near silent on good tarmac but suffered with road noise on other surfaces. I also missed RWD.

Hence I run the 3.2 and the Zaf is the mummy bus.

ronnyd:
Therein lies the main problem for people trying to upgrade from a car like the Omega to a newer auto model. In the never ending quest for "greener"  and more fuel efficient motors we end up with these abominations that pass for "auto" gear boxes. CVT, Ishift, Durashift, DSG, call it what you will, to me they ain,t a patch on the slush box on the Mig. Not looking forward to the day when Goldie finally dies. :'(

Kevin Wood:
I must know about half a dozen people who have had DSG VAG cars.
Every one of them had to sell it cheap or face a daft bill for a new gearbox at about 100-150k miles.
Probably fine if you're going to buy it new and not rack up the miles, but a manual or conventional slushbox are the only options durable enough to take a car into high mileage.
You might well bet bored with the way it drives before the gearbox dies, mind. ;)

ronnyd:

--- Quote from: Kevin Wood on 19 August 2018, 18:36:57 ---I must know about half a dozen people who have had DSG VAG cars.
Every one of them had to sell it cheap or face a daft bill for a new gearbox at about 100-150k miles.
Probably fine if you're going to buy it new and not rack up the miles, but a manual or conventional slushbox are the only options durable enough to take a car into high mileage.
You might well bet bored with the way it drives before the gearbox dies, mind. ;)

--- End quote ---
I  shall be quite happily bored if mine lasts for another few years Kevin.  :y

Kevin Wood:

--- Quote from: ronnyd on 19 August 2018, 23:47:53 ---
--- Quote from: Kevin Wood on 19 August 2018, 18:36:57 ---I must know about half a dozen people who have had DSG VAG cars.

--- End quote ---
I  shall be quite happily bored if mine lasts for another few years Kevin.  :y

--- End quote ---
Bored with how a Passat drives, not an Omega... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version