Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DVLA  (Read 3039 times)

STEMO

Re: DVLA
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2019, 09:44:20 »

Bought some fuses.  I was looking through my spares, didn't have any 40A ones (mainly because they aint used on Omegas (and Zaffy takes the mini fuses)), and the Pussy takes loads of 40A ones.

Egay, and turned up in a couple of days :)

Adjusted the headlights for continental driving last week. Bit of a ballache on the Pussy (or to quote the glovebox manual, "take it to a dealer", which is repeated on most Jag forums), not a 30s job like the Omega.

Bought some numberplate bulbs - they only user changeable bulbs on the car's exterior lighting.  Dug out the triangles, the Hi-Viz stuff, out of date disposable breathalysers, and fitted the euro plates (ebay, also arrive within a couple of days).

Pondering whether or not to change the oil now, or in a thousand miles or so. Its done about 3k.
Thought you'd know how a forum works by now. Try and post in the relevant thread please.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2019, 10:17:50 »

Bought some fuses.  I was looking through my spares, didn't have any 40A ones (mainly because they aint used on Omegas (and Zaffy takes the mini fuses)), and the Pussy takes loads of 40A ones.

Adjusted the headlights for continental driving last week. Bit of a ballache on the Pussy (or to quote the glovebox manual, "take it to a dealer", which is repeated on most Jag forums), not a 30s job like the Omega.

Bought some numberplate bulbs - they only user changeable bulbs on the car's exterior lighting.  Dug out the triangles, the Hi-Viz stuff, out of date disposable breathalysers, and fitted the euro plates (ebay, also arrive within a couple of days).

Pondering whether or not to change the oil now, or in a thousand miles or so. Its done about 3k.
Thought you'd know how a forum works by now. Try and post in the relevant thread please.  ;D

If he asks nicely maybe an Admin will move it for him.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2019, 10:33:27 »

I've my medical this year, my doctor wants £180,  I will go to a Dr that advertising in MK £50. Takes 10minutes to do,.. just a paperwork exercise,  pee in a bottle, read the eye chart, answer the questions, Dr signs, send off, HGV for another 5 years.
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2019, 11:08:58 »

His mind is on Shami and her warm moist minge. :)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2019, 12:36:18 »

I've my medical this year, my doctor wants £180,  I will go to a Dr that advertising in MK £50. Takes 10minutes to do,.. just a paperwork exercise,  pee in a bottle, read the eye chart, answer the questions, Dr signs, send off, HGV for another 5 years.
£50? mine charged £40 with the question " do you want a receipt "  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2019, 12:45:41 »

When my HGV entitlements expired in 2014, my Dr wanted £220 for the medical so I didn't bother and let it go.  ::)

My new licence dosn't even show that my HGV entitlements have expired.  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2019, 12:56:49 »

His mind is on Shami and her warm moist minge. :)
Yuk  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2019, 13:02:32 »

I'm that convinced I did, I'm gonna run some database maintenance tasks now...   ...so if its a bit non responsive for next 30 mins of so, that's why....
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2019, 14:25:31 »

I'm that convinced I did, I'm gonna run some database maintenance tasks now...   ...so if its a bit non responsive for next 30 mins of so, that's why....

TB has actually just gone to put himself on his cull list ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2019, 15:28:06 »

When my HGV entitlements expired in 2014, my Dr wanted £220 for the medical so I didn't bother and let it go.  ::)

Your entitlement stays u till the expiry date, you can't drive unless you've got a dqc card, any ways.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2019, 17:03:27 »

Your entitlement stays u till the expiry date, you can't drive unless you've got a dqc card, any ways.

I was always a part timer anyway, and what with digi cards and having to get the CPC etc it started to get too much hassle.   :-\

Shame as it was a handy thing to have.  :y

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.