Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dover  (Read 2699 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #30 on: 02 April 2023, 20:56:41 »

WhatsApp. My lad used it for everything while away in Europe and the US, his phone bill was the usual £12.
He regularly video called us from wherever he was. The contract he has with three is 28Gb, plenty for a trip overseas.

Oh yes, how did he get on?  ???

Presumedly he survived, rumpled t shirts and everything?   :)
He was fine, I was not.

Yes we got that impression!  ;D

He's becoming quite the seasoned traveller now then.  :y
He'll become a seasoned traveller if he comes across cannibals in Africa  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 April 2023, 21:49:38 »

WhatsApp. My lad used it for everything while away in Europe and the US, his phone bill was the usual £12.
He regularly video called us from wherever he was. The contract he has with three is 28Gb, plenty for a trip overseas.

Oh yes, how did he get on?  ???

Presumedly he survived, rumpled t shirts and everything?   :)
He was fine, I was not.

Yes we got that impression!  ;D

He's becoming quite the seasoned traveller now then.  :y
He'll become a seasoned traveller if he comes across cannibals in Africa ;D

Not many of those around these days.  :-\

They all ate each other!  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 April 2023, 23:40:32 »

Here is a thought. If thedelays are down to the extra checks the French officials are doing on people wanting to leavethe Uk on boats why hasnt the UK got people doing those thorough checks on people crossing in boats from France.? I am thinking dinghies.

The French would soon be up in arms if there were thousands waiting to cross the Manche  to the UK cluttering up there seaside towns and villages.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 April 2023, 09:32:36 »

Here is a thought. If thedelays are down to the extra checks the French officials are doing on people wanting to leavethe Uk on boats why hasnt the UK got people doing those thorough checks on people crossing in boats from France.? I am thinking dinghies.

The French would soon be up in arms if there were thousands waiting to cross the Manche  to the UK cluttering up there seaside towns and villages.

There are UK customs and immigration people in France at Eurotunnel. You clear customs and immigration before you get on the train, either Coquelles for the Chunnel or Paris/Brussels for Eurostar. Haven't travelled by boat for years, but assume it's the same at Calais and Dover.

There aren't customs/immigration officials checking people on pedalos at Weymouth beach though.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 April 2023, 09:40:32 »

Three still offer a decent free roaming, I think thats mostly global as well, not just EU :y

Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 April 2023, 09:45:23 »

but use the Chunnel 3 or 4 times a year. On a good day you sail straight through and can be on a train in 20 minutes. On a busy day it can be a 4-5 hour wait.
I refuse to use that service now, after they arbitrarily decided my ticket was invalid, and I had to pay an additional 300 euros to get back.  Letters of complaint went unanswered.

Mind you, I tend to use more convenient ferries than Dover/Calais, as both towns are overcrowded, grim, utter shitholes.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 April 2023, 10:57:55 »

but use the Chunnel 3 or 4 times a year. On a good day you sail straight through and can be on a train in 20 minutes. On a busy day it can be a 4-5 hour wait.
I refuse to use that service now, after they arbitrarily decided my ticket was invalid, and I had to pay an additional 300 euros to get back.  Letters of complaint went unanswered.

Mind you, I tend to use more convenient ferries than Dover/Calais, as both towns are overcrowded, grim, utter shitholes.

You must have whatever you use to plan set to Bizarre Route if you go near, let alone through, Dover or Calais towns when using the ferries.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03 April 2023, 15:04:41 »

You must have whatever you use to plan set to Bizarre Route if you go near, let alone through, Dover or Calais towns when using the ferries.
Must be the data roaming...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 April 2023, 21:46:16 »

Yep, me too. Cancelled my outward journey at zero notice, then wouldn't accept the return ticket because I hadn't used the outward part.

Did get a voucher off them in the end. I took great pleasure in informing them of my preference with regard to where it should be inserted. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 April 2023, 11:49:04 »

Being within smelling distance of either is enough ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.