Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what has the past yr done for you  (Read 2056 times)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Re: what has the past yr done for you
« Reply #30 on: 30 December 2008, 23:51:30 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)
I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(

at the risk of sounding very morbid, when you attend your parents then you know time is catching up with you.....

WE may not always get on with our parents but they are the only ones we have, treasure the time you have with them, and never be afraid to tell them how improtant they are to you.....

god that sounds so patronising

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 December 2008, 23:58:44 »

since my mum and dad split up i seem to see them less and less i think, i play golf 2 mins from my dads but never call in, should do more  :-[ :-[

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 December 2008, 00:00:21 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)
I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(

at the risk of sounding very morbid, when you attend your parents then you know time is catching up with you.....

WE may not always get on with our parents but they are the only ones we have, treasure the time you have with them, and never be afraid to tell them how improtant they are to you.....

god that sounds so patronising

It is, but true. I have had difficult relationships with my Dad, over the years, but he is still my Dad, and my daughters Grandfather.

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 December 2008, 00:08:25 »

Had a second hip replacement in Feb youngest daughter (36) making me a grandad again  with baby due in June her first ! hope i'm around to see it as going in hospital for heart valve operation in Jan (not long now) !! :o
met some of you great bunch at meets hope to get fixed up & get to some more meets in 2009  fingers X :y

HNY to all  ::)

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 December 2008, 00:15:46 »

turned me into a 5 yr old again buying megas like somebody obsessed :P
taught me not to mess with cars-omg how many headaches did i get trying to put a 2.5 into a 2.0 being unable to find the immobiliser box behind the airbag! but yet i still play with these stupid ideas! :D
kinda learnt that rolling a car isnt nice too!
got me talking to a great bunch of people that also own omegas!
V8!!!!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 December 2008, 00:29:58 »

Had a second hip replacement in Feb youngest daughter (36) making me a grandad again  with baby due in June her first ! hope i'm around to see it as going in hospital for heart valve operation in Jan (not long now) !! :o
met some of you great bunch at meets hope to get fixed up & get to some more meets in 2009  fingers X :y

HNY to all  ::)

Jeeez... wheres time go! Hope all goes well with the op mate!  :y

When you going in? I could bob down and see ya before hand, Maybe going to my ants house soon.
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2008, 00:50:31 »

Hope all goes well for you Willyboy. im sure it will.  ;) :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

vauxnut

• swindon wilts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 December 2008, 07:03:09 »

very challenging year for way too many reasons,still trying to look at the glass as half full(but im sure someones been drinking from it behind my back) ;D ;D ;D :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2008, 08:40:12 »

2008 was a mixed year here too.....2009 will be much better for a few reasons....

1. In January I finish paying off a debt which has cost me £300 a month for the past 7.5 yrs......
2. Our 2 yr old son should be getting through his temper tantrums phase any time soon.....
3. The MV6 should be getting its persistant 0170 and 0173 problem rectified for good mid January.....
4. We have 2 good holidays coming up.....first is a 2 car family trip for a week in Normandy....second is a long weekend in Moscow flying Business Class....
5. Got a Playstation 3 for Christmas and the game collection is increasing almost daily....

So out with 2008 and onwards and upwards in 2009......and best of luck to everyone for the New Year.....especially those who arent having such a good time of things right now.

:)

« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 08:44:12 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 31 December 2008, 12:19:36 »

last year bring me a small car..

and a person who made me loose some years in job evaporated :o

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 December 2008, 12:25:27 »

Should add that for 2009 I have a few major projects

1) Project Mick Dundee's car......just finishing off a few promised minor jobs so I can get my teeth stuck into this one!

2) Draw up extension plans

3) Build said extension.....everything but the plastering.....

I guess also a cambelt meet or two!
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 12:26:06 by Mark »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 December 2008, 13:35:19 »

Feel a bit more decrepit
Parents are more decrepit (familiar theme)
Renovated three more rooms in our country "ruin"
Had weeks of anguish with the Omega auto box problems
Had loads of help from forum members in fixing gearbox and other problems
Became about 20% poorer cos of the collapse of the pound v the euro
Bought a motorised hand held tree shaker to help with this years olive harvest.

2009 ?
More house renovation work, which we actually enjoy doing including the plastering!
Our rental apartment open for business from May onwards
MOT for Omega then cambelt change in the Spring
More poverty if the pound continues its plummet v the euro
Lots of sunny days, peace and tranquility  :y

El Varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

mantahatch

« Reply #42 on: 31 December 2008, 16:29:28 »

Well I think I can safely say 2008 has been the worst year of my life.
I have been promoted and got 2 good pay rises and I am in fairly safe employment. However (there it is) All my promo/pay rises have been completly wiped out by extra taxes and rising bills. I have had to put up with the worse manager I have ever had in 27 years of employment, and before that when I worked a paper round, then served petrol in a service station (remember those ?)

My wife got a new job on better money for a construction company eight  months ago, and is now very worried her job is unsafe.

It seems no matter how hard we try to improve our lives, the powers that be just keep knocking us back.

If nothing improves in 2009, I will quit work and live off the state, become chav-dad or something like that.

Mike
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.