Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: York Meet 2009  (Read 12087 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
York Meet 2009
« on: 20 January 2009, 00:16:46 »

Whe is best for everybody how is intrested?

Sure Ian will be able to sort this out again :)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

amigov6

Re: York Meet 2009
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2009, 20:06:32 »

This meet has the potential to be as big as Lakes or Newent given the full kitchen shower facilities, generators & marquees/music for night use, work on cars allowed & we're welcome back. Sadly it clashes with Newent when many folk are driving past York to get there. I've heard rumours Chopsdad (Evening Mark) has another Lakes venue pending but not sure.
     I'd love to go to Newent but given the time, location etc i'll attend York this year & maybe Lakes if it's on as i loved the 07 meet.
  None of us are trying to turn this into a contest between Newent/Yorks but it seems so far many of the admins & longer standing members are sticking with the other two, York really needs a look given it's central location.
   Taking all things into consideration maybe next year we could spread the 3 meetings a little further apart. I appreciate everyone won't be able to make all 3 but it would give folk more choice & the York meet the recognition it deserves. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2009, 20:33:09 »

Whilst I totally accept what you say, and I would love to "do" York ... I would imagine that, for the majority of OOF'ers there is very little difference between "The Lakes" and "York" in travelling terms, but a huge difference between "Newent" and "York" ...

From my point of view, if a replacement site for "The Lakes" can't be found, is there any chance of York moving to that time of year, rather than having 2 major meets "Oop Narth" ???

This would then leave us with a "major" meet both North and South ??

Just my thoughts .. nowt else  :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2009, 20:39:52 »

Whilst I totally accept what you say, and I would love to "do" York ... I would imagine that, for the majority of OOF'ers there is very little difference between "The Lakes" and "York" in travelling terms, but a huge difference between "Newent" and "York" ...

From my point of view, if a replacement site for "The Lakes" can't be found, is there any chance of York moving to that time of year, rather than having 2 major meets "Oop Narth" ???

Did wonder this myself
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2009, 20:53:05 »

Sounds like a better plan to me... Newent is my choice of meet this year as we're having our holiday around it and have family and friends in the area...

In addition to that there are things to do and places we want to go in the area :y :y :y

I'm afraid York doesn't have the same appeal to me (personally) but I would be happy to consider coming for the meet if other commitments allowed.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2009, 22:35:46 »

Sounds like a better plan to me... Newent is my choice of meet this year as we're having our holiday around it and have family and friends in the area...

In addition to that there are things to do and places we want to go in the area :y :y :y

I'm afraid York doesn't have the same appeal to me (personally) but I would be happy to consider coming for the meet if other commitments allowed.

York has loads to offer / entertain for all of the family.......... :y :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2009, 22:41:42 »

York has loads to offer / entertain for all of the family.......... :y :y :y

Like what?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2009, 23:04:28 »

I must admit, from past experience of "flying" visits to the area, there are some very nice pubs/clubs/eating houses in York, and when I actually took the mrs + kids for a visit there was plenty to do, railway museum, Jorvick centre, Cathedral etc etc .. but I would probably spend most of my time at the "meet" rather then doing the tourist thing !!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2009, 23:11:20 »

I wasn't knocking York for entertainment... I have family near Richmond and think the whole area is beautiful but not some where I'd want to spend a 12 day break, as we are in Newent (actually going for longer but staying with family for a weekend in Wales first) whereas for York I'd be unlikely to come for anything other than the meet.

Each to their own... Just my personal feelings :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2009, 23:36:52 »

I must admit, from past experience of "flying" visits to the area, there are some very nice pubs/clubs/eating houses in York, and when I actually took the mrs + kids for a visit there was plenty to do, railway museum, Jorvick centre, Cathedral etc etc .. but I would probably spend most of my time at the "meet" rather then doing the tourist thing !!

I don't like agreeing but so would I....
I went to York hoping for more Roman things going on but there wasn't any  :'( just Vikings and more Vikings :-?

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2009, 08:28:14 »

I don't like agreeing but so would I....
I went to York hoping for more Roman things going on but there wasn't any  :'( just Vikings and more Vikings :-?
You need Chester, youth ;)

http://www.chesterwiki.com/Deva
« Last Edit: 21 January 2009, 08:30:06 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2009, 08:37:30 »

Cough, Minster, cough....

I have to say that York is 2+hours closer for me!

I may well attend but, it depends on home commitments as usual

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2009, 10:43:58 »

Count me in if the dates are OK for me, (with caravan and SWMBO).

richardirv

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds, West Yorkshire
    • Omega 2.6 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2009, 12:09:57 »

Isn't it possible to spread out the york and lakes meet this year as neither are booked etc.

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2009, 19:26:44 »

Whe is best for everybody how is intrested?

Sure Ian will be able to sort this out again :)

Not a problem at all...

Give me dates, and I will sort this!

Big or Small turnout, this will go ahead like last year! The Large tent, Music, Facilities the lot! :y

Oh and we cant forget... Guys famous curry too! :D ;)
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.