Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faulty Electric Sunroof  (Read 1201 times)

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
Faulty Electric Sunroof
« on: 25 January 2007, 22:38:45 »

Want to sell my 2.0 auto CDX on a W plate.  However, the electric sunroof don't work properly.

It tilts but won't slide.  If I set control from neutral to slide - nowt.  But if it's tilted open and I then set to open, it simpy just closes the sunroof?

Any suggestions on fixing?

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty Electric Sunroof
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2007, 22:54:30 »

a. Try resetting it by putting the dial on close (when the sunroof is fully closed) and then press and hold the dial for a few seconds.

b. Try cleaning the rails thoroughly and then greasing them - including the 'ramp' and the flap joints at the front - the sunroof has a safety feature that prevents it from closing if it meets resistance (for example if your arm is sticking out), but this safety feature can also be triggered by resistance to movement as result of dirt or lack of lubrication.

I am familiar more with the mechanical side of the sunroof, not the electrical - I am sure there are also electrical checks that you can do, maybe someone else can help on this front.,,
« Last Edit: 25 January 2007, 22:56:25 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2007, 08:56:24 »

If you move it to fully open and press adn hold the dial....does it then open (it defeats the safety trip)

If it does then clean and lube the runners....

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2007, 10:10:47 »

I've also have an intermitent a problem with my sunroof.  It'll tilt open of it's own accord when driving. I can close it and as soon as I release the dial it'll tilts open again.
If it doesn't stay closed on the third attempt I have to pull over...close the s/roof...switch off ignition...release the dial and that does the trick. It then settles down and won't happen again for weeks.
I suspect an electrical/switching fault as the mechanical side of things seems smooth enough.
Anyone else had these symptoms ?
Can the switch be cleaned ? Removing dial just reveals the metal spigot. Is there a circuit board that may need changing ?  
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2007, 10:32:40 »

I've also have an intermitent a problem with my sunroof.  It'll tilt open of it's own accord when driving. I can close it and as soon as I release the dial it'll tilts open again.
If it doesn't stay closed on the third attempt I have to pull over...close the s/roof...switch off ignition...release the dial and that does the trick. It then settles down and won't happen again for weeks.
I suspect an electrical/switching fault as the mechanical side of things seems smooth enough.
Anyone else had these symptoms ?
Can the switch be cleaned ? Removing dial just reveals the metal spigot. Is there a circuit board that may need changing ?  

Sorry I can't be of any help... had a similar problems when my Omega was still under warranty, drove into the Vx dealer and they said 'oh yes, we know what it is' and then fixed it FOC - so no idea what they did... should have shown more interest at the time... the problem did not return though.

Incidentally, it started when I got the car back from the dealer following an alarm sounder replacement, again under warranty (NiCd backup batteries packed-up), but no idea if the problems were actually realted i.e. if they somehow messed-up the sunroof while working on the alarm sounder...

Alas, no more Omegas....

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2007, 12:17:52 »

Exactly same problem with mine! It would just open to position 1 of its own accord. Resetting did not do the trick so I took it to bits and gave it a good WD40. It now stays closed and I'm not going to use it in case it starts farting around again.

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2007, 14:16:25 »

I find it best not to touch it..................its the worlds worst sunroof. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.