Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 way water valve ??  (Read 2232 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
Re: 2 way water valve ??
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2007, 18:44:44 »

No, when ECO is off the compressor cut-in and out as needed, so will not cut-in during the winter. When ECO is on, it will not cut-in even if needed. This is why you need to set it down to LO from time to time during the winter with ECO off and let the A/C run to prevent leaks...

I thought if you switch the ECC to demist it would run both the compressor and heater; compressor to de-humidify, and heater to warm the air up - as per Rpont's comment.

I can't tell from mine, as I haven't got around to getting the compressor to work yet, but it takes a hell of a time to demist on a damp night as compared to other cars I've owned and driven with this function working.
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2007, 19:00:26 »

No, when ECO is off the compressor cut-in and out as needed, so will not cut-in during the winter. When ECO is on, it will not cut-in even if needed. This is why you need to set it down to LO from time to time during the winter with ECO off and let the A/C run to prevent leaks...

I thought if you switch the ECC to demist it would run both the compressor and heater; compressor to de-humidify, and heater to warm the air up - as per Rpont's comment.

I can't tell from mine, as I haven't got around to getting the compressor to work yet, but it takes a hell of a time to demist on a damp night as compared to other cars I've owned and driven with this function working.

Why do you have to set it to LO??????
I like red cars

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2007, 21:09:01 »

Mine runs on demist - the instant consumption changes :y

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2007, 21:55:23 »

Why do you have to set it to LO??????

To make sure the A/C kicks in... otherwise all it blows on the windscreen is warm air. It's in the owners manual I think....  :o (picture to follow!)

Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.