Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour Sat Nav Display - Facelift  (Read 1650 times)

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
Colour Sat Nav Display - Facelift
« on: 12 February 2007, 13:17:51 »

Guys and Girls,

Having at last sourced a sat nav head unit with colour screen that fully functions (except cd player - doh), I can confirm that a colour screen does not need to be 'paired' with the head unit.  The head unit needs to be paired with the ECU - so will need to be placed in delivery mode while in the donor car before removal.  Only then can it be programmed into a new car; that new car will need the car pass with radio/immoboliser codes for Tech2.

I initially purchased a colour screen independently of a head unit.  The screen worked fine but the head unit I got for free was faulty.  I then sourced another head unitwith the colour screen from same donor car - but the first colour screen works fully with the second head unit.

Now I have a colour screen that I no longer need.  It will only work with a NCDC2013 or NCDC2015 on facelift model.  If your car did not have sat nav factory fitted, then this screen will not work without other modifications.  However, if you have sat nav with mono (half screen) and 2013 or 2015, then this screen easily fits into place in your dash giving you the full enhanced colour screen with maps, full trip display, etc.

Incidentally, the Stealers charge £1050 plus VAT for a new one.  I know, because I nearly assaulted the guy who quoted me with a smile on his smug face!!!

Anyway, in part, this is information for anyone wanting to know how easy it is to upgrade.  But secondly, how much should I charge when listing it on Ebay?  I got mine from Germany so expect market prices there to differ from here.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Colour Sat Nav Display - Facelift
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2007, 14:10:20 »

I was beginning to wonder where you were getting all those colour screens from.... but Germany does explain it.

I would like to have one even though I don't have the nc201x (yet), but I will give Mark DTM the opprtunity to get it first (or my post count will be Newbie again   ;D)

Don't know what you should be asking for it though, they rarely come up on eBay here so nothing to compare it with. But I wouldn't take the Vx price as reference, try asking Vx how many they have actually sold recently ...  ;D

Alas, no more Omegas....

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2007, 14:22:51 »

Don't worry, not expecting Vx prices or even close.  Mentioned their silly quote just to reinforce how we all feel about them.  If I'd purchased a new 2013 and colour display from them, I'd have paid £1950.  What a disgrace, especially since they only charged £400 to have the colour screen factory installed on new.  All the wiring's in place so cannot see how they come up with their silly prices.

Then we get onto 5mins of Tech2 prices and they charge £100 or there abouts, I mean really?!!!  Shame I like the Omegas so much........

SuperGlider

• MK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2007, 14:30:09 »

As a fellow MK Omega owner I would be interested in your spare colour satnav display, whereabouts in MK are you?

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2007, 14:34:30 »

If I had to put a price on it, I would say perhaps around 20% more than the cost in Germany...? Due to the fact that have already went into the trouble of getting it here. No idea what the cost in germany would be though...  :o
Alas, no more Omegas....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2007, 14:46:36 »

I know one of our Admins - Marks_DTM_Calib was after one....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2007, 14:48:51 »

Guys and Girls,

Having at last sourced a sat nav head unit with colour screen that fully functions (except cd player - doh), I can confirm that a colour screen does not need to be 'paired' with the head unit.  The head unit needs to be paired with the ECU - so will need to be placed in delivery mode while in the donor car before removal.  Only then can it be programmed into a new car; that new car will need the car pass with radio/immoboliser codes for Tech2.

I initially purchased a colour screen independently of a head unit.  The screen worked fine but the head unit I got for free was faulty.  I then sourced another head unitwith the colour screen from same donor car - but the first colour screen works fully with the second head unit.

Now I have a colour screen that I no longer need.  It will only work with a NCDC2013 or NCDC2015 on facelift model.  If your car did not have sat nav factory fitted, then this screen will not work without other modifications.  However, if you have sat nav with mono (half screen) and 2013 or 2015, then this screen easily fits into place in your dash giving you the full enhanced colour screen with maps, full trip display, etc.

Incidentally, the Stealers charge £1050 plus VAT for a new one.  I know, because I nearly assaulted the guy who quoted me with a smile on his smug face!!!

Anyway, in part, this is information for anyone wanting to know how easy it is to upgrade.  But secondly, how much should I charge when listing it on Ebay?  I got mine from Germany so expect market prices there to differ from here.
Thanks for the info - very useful.

So to clarify, the CID is not coded to anything, and the Stereo/headunit needs to be coded to one of the cars ECUs? Which one?
Grumpy old man

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2007, 14:58:59 »

The head unit was sourced from ebay.de (Germany) - decoded from the donor car i.e. placed into 'delivery mode.'  I also purchased the CID from the same car.

I placed the head unit into my car - with a different CID that I purchased a month or so ago.  Hey presto, the display works fully, maps, warnings, etc....

Now I have the CID that came with head unit that I have no use for.

TB - please call!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2007, 16:37:58 »

PM me with how much you are asking for your spare CID......

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2007, 16:46:46 »

You're a few days too late for me, I just bought one from eBay.de myself, but I'm sure that there's more than one potential buyer on this forum.

If no takers here, just post it on eBay, and watch it go. They're in demand, so as long as it's in working order, and de-paired, you'll get a fair price for it.

Does the NCDC use a code like the non-navigation units?

BTW, what was the fault with the original unit?

The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2007, 16:53:22 »

No code needed to be inputted into the head unit like other models but awaiting TheBoy's skills with Tech2 to confirm.

Fault with old unit...when I got the car, it was missing.

Fault with first replacement 2013; no power and no audio repair dealer prepared to fix it.

Fault with this 2015 unit... cd magazine will not slot into place and stay there.  Unsure whether it's the magazine or unit damaged.  No doubt it will be the expensive latter problem.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2007, 16:59:31 »

No code needed to be inputted into the head unit like other models but awaiting TheBoy's skills with Tech2 to confirm.

Fault with first replacement 2013; no power and no audio repair dealer prepared to fix it.

Fault with this 2015 unit... cd magazine will not slot into place and stay there.  Unsure whether it's the magazine or unit damaged.  No doubt it will be the expensive latter problem.

If its of use, I could swap the CD mechanism of the faulty 2013 onto the 2015......only takes me about 15 mins....and Tunnie will be popping up very soon to have some springs fitted to the rust bucket so he could courier if required....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 February 2007, 17:11:52 »

If its of use, I could swap the CD mechanism of the faulty 2013 onto the 2015......only takes me about 15 mins....and Tunnie will be popping up very soon to have some springs fitted to the rust bucket so he could courier if required....

;D ;D ;D

That rust bucket gave Jaime's MV6 a run for its money, when its chipped I think the tables will be turned  ;)

Serisouly though yep can bring it down, TheBoy works in MK too so good little network there  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2007, 17:14:22 »

Tunnie lives around corner to me, so you can always drop off if you want to take up Marks_DTM-Calib's offer...   ...last I heard was he was planning on this weekend?
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.