Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HEATER MATRIX FLUSHED AND IT SEEMS PERFECT NOW  (Read 688 times)

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
HEATER MATRIX FLUSHED AND IT SEEMS PERFECT NOW
« on: 30 October 2010, 15:37:40 »

Hello everyone,

Today, due to the nice weather, I have got a chance to flush the heater matrix on which I have read many things in this Omega Owners Forum. Actually, I have applied Jimbob's style exactly by using the tap water through the garden hose and a short hose for the drain. Many thanks to you Jimbob, as of today, we have now hot air in cabin.

If worse comes to worse, I have had no chance to take pictures while I was flushing. >:( :o :-[

On the contrary, we have LH (Left Hand) side steering cars here in Turkey (some of British friends of mine say that we are on the wrong side in the world :-/ :-? :y), and of course I have seen the different configuration on my 1998 Omega 2,5 V6 because of the LH side steering location.

Maybe this will help some people who are driving LH side steering cars and suffering from the heater matrixes in winter time throughout Europe. Here are the steps I have applied:

* First I have removed the windshield wipers and plastic part with the scuttle drain in front of the windshield.
* On the passenger side of my Omega, there was a black plastic box which was a housing for the pollen filter. I have removed this box from its place to work easily in the area. Undo two plastic nuts which are fixing that. While removing, do this carefully because of the vacuum hoses going in and out of the small black box adherent to the housing.
* After removal, I have seen a plastic access panel (on the right side when you stand in front of the car) to reach the two hoses (one is going in the matrix and the other one is out) and removed that panel by undoing one plastic bolt.
* Finally, I have reached the hoses and disconnected them in the way that described with pictures in Omega General Help section of this forum.
* I have attached the garden hose to the upper pipe and the other one for the drain to the lower pipe. After seeing the brown water coming out of the matrix, I was more than happy that it has never happened before :y   
* I have applied the hoses several times to upper and lower pipes so that matrix could have been flushed thoroughly till no brown water comes out of the matrix. 
* Likewise Haynes Manual way, installation of all the things will be reverse  :o :(
Note the connection of the upper and lower hoses, in accordance with the pictures in the forum not to have unnecessary leaks  8-)

Now, I have hot air in the cabin  :y :D
Hopefully you will have the same...
« Last Edit: 30 October 2010, 15:41:29 by VOYAGER1 »

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: HEATER MATRIX FLUSHED AND IT SEEMS PERFECT NOW
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2010, 17:47:05 »

Splendid news Voyager, well done. 8-) :y :y

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
Re: HEATER MATRIX FLUSHED AND IT SEEMS PERFECT NOW
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2010, 14:15:38 »

Thank you very much, Zulu77...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.