Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Capitol Hill  (Read 9723 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: Capitol Hill
« Reply #15 on: 07 January 2021, 00:04:54 »

“You’re very special”
                               " Stay strong"
                                                    "This is insurrection "

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 January 2021, 06:47:21 »

I'm a bit disappointed waking up this morning to this. I half expected the National Guard to have shot a lot of the rioters and Trump to have been hanged for treason. Never mind.
At least arsebook and twotter shut him up for a while.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 January 2021, 08:19:50 »

Disgraceful , but the world has gone totally bonkers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 January 2021, 09:13:30 »

Apparently there are 4 dead as a result of this.On the other hand you've got to love the enterprise of the person/people who set up a concession stand there selling fries etc :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 January 2021, 10:58:17 »

Wouldn't you think that with the events planned for yesterday at Capital Hill, both inside and outside the Capital Building that the authorities would have planned for any event and security organised accordingly?  ???  Apparently not.  ::)

The woman who was shot inside the Capital Building and later died from her injury, was attempting to climb through a window so presented no immediate threat to Police Officers and security.  There seems to have been a collective shrug from the worlds media, but I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a BLM crowd who stormed the Capital Building and she was an apparently unarmed black woman.  :-X

Her name was Ashli Babbitt, she was 35 and a USAF veteran.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2021, 11:10:26 »

Wouldn't you think that with the events planned for yesterday at Capital Hill, both inside and outside the Capital Building that the authorities would have planned for any event and security organised accordingly?  ???  Apparently not.  ::)

The woman who was shot inside the Capital Building and later died from her injury, was attempting to climb through a window so presented no immediate threat to Police Officers and security.  There seems to have been a collective shrug from the worlds media, but I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a BLM crowd who stormed the Capital Building and she was an apparently unarmed black woman.  :-X

I would have thought a lot more would have been shot, can't understand how they were allowed to get inside. Those films I've been watching must have it all wrong.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2021, 11:55:33 »

Second person in was a man called Thomas Moretti (iirc). He didn't know her but explained exactly what happened during an improptu interview with a PBS reporter love streaming from the press area on the main forecourt. Apparently they had used aome scaffolding at the rear of the building to gain entry and used flashbangs to clear a path in and when they arrived at a locked interior door near the Senate chamber, they forced it open. She was the first one through it and was shot in the neck. At this point the Capitol Police pushed them back and at this point, the evacuated the Senate Chamber and locked down the building from the inside.

Congress was about 25 minutes into hearing arguments for and against rejecting Arizona when it happened, and they recessed for about five minutes before continuing with a presentation. Once that presentation had finished, they too evacuated.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 January 2021, 12:03:52 »

Time to stop the experiment.  Hand all guns in at the same time.
You do understand that the only shooting was done by the police ???

Arguably justified, however tragic.

If they had wanted to storm it and stage some sort of coup, they could easily have done so. What took place was the epitome of a peaceful protest and, whilst completely and utterly inappropriate, amounted to little more than the occupattion of a publicly funded building by some of the people who pay for it...

Had they been BLM or Greenpeace there would have been less outrage and more damage. You'll note that apart from a couple of doors and windows, the building wasn't trashed or burned and the crowd was largely compliant.  :-X

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 January 2021, 12:07:33 »

Second person in was a man called Thomas Moretti (iirc). He didn't know her but explained exactly what happened during an improptu interview with a PBS reporter love streaming from the press area on the main forecourt. Apparently they had used aome scaffolding at the rear of the building to gain entry and used flashbangs to clear a path in and when they arrived at a locked interior door near the Senate chamber, they forced it open. She was the first one through it and was shot in the neck. At this point the Capitol Police pushed them back and at this point, the evacuated the Senate Chamber and locked down the building from the inside.

Congress was about 25 minutes into hearing arguments for and against rejecting Arizona when it happened, and they recessed for about five minutes before continuing with a presentation. Once that presentation had finished, they too evacuated.

Not my definition of a "peaceful protest"

I'm absolutely amazed and disgusted that the white, right wing  "protestors" were simply allowed to do what they wanted .. if this had been the BLM movement then they would have been shot out-of-hand.....  total hypocrisy from the so called "law enforcement" bodies who actively appear to support Trump and his ideals

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2021, 12:23:57 »

Also, whilst Trump's statement was woefully inadequate and the blame can be laid squarely at his door, those people had every right to be there and heard and fair play to them for showing up.

However, of all the Senators who vowed to object in support of Congress objections, only two actually stood up to be counted whereas those in Congress all stood symbolically side by side even without support. All those Senators who withdrew their support did so in light of yesterday's events, effectively snubbing those that they pretend to serve.

And the objections weren't about Trump not being President, but rather the affront to the Constution...

Pennsylvania alone should have had its votes tossed, not to elect Trump (the votes would simply have been removed from counting and not switched as the media would have you believe), but to serve as a formal reminder to State officials that they cannot alter or ignore the Constitution on a whim.

This wasn't done, and that sadly sets a precedent.

Yesterday was indeed a dark day for the United States, but perhaps not for the reasons that the left and the media portray, but because someone died standing for something that they believed in and that has been largely unrecognised.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2021, 12:26:42 »

NURSE.......he's out of bed again  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2021, 12:29:42 »

Not my definition of a "peaceful protest"

I'm absolutely amazed and disgusted that the white, right wing  "protestors" were simply allowed to do what they wanted .. if this had been the BLM movement then they would have been shot out-of-hand.....  total hypocrisy from the so called "law enforcement" bodies who actively appear to support Trump and his ideals
Really ???

Did you not see any of the looting, burning, murdering and unimpeded violence that has been occuring almost continuously across various parts of the US since George Floyd got arrested?

Apparently the BBC missed all that :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2021, 12:31:29 »

I'd have shot the fůckin lot of them, black, white or green with orange stripes.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2021, 12:32:01 »

Then I'd have run just down the road and shot Trump.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2021, 12:32:40 »

All in the interests of patriotism, you understand.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.