Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mental health issues  (Read 5746 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Mental health issues
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2021, 13:32:24 »

Are we talking about the same 'experts' who are staring to suggest that 'double masking' could be a good idea whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that if they truly wanted to limit the spread, full face coverings should be worn in order to protect our eyes from contaminated droplets?

Using fear to control people isn't doing anyone any good. :-X

Especially with those people of a more 'suggestible' nature.  Some people can be prone to catastrophise and turn a small easily managed problem into an end of the world scenario.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2021, 13:38:33 »

They have more important shit to worry about ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2021, 14:05:10 »

Are we talking about the same 'experts' who are staring to suggest that 'double masking' could be a good idea whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that if they truly wanted to limit the spread, full face coverings should be worn in order to protect our eyes from contaminated droplets?

Especially with those people of a more 'suggestible' nature.  Some people can be prone to catastrophise and turn a small easily managed problem into an end of the world scenario.
We're all gona die  :o

I've said a few times that the covid death numbers based on kicking the bucket within 28 days of a positive test is naff  :(
but excess deaths gives an indication of the seriousness of it .
now Doctors are getting better at treating Chinese Virus ,chances are it will be beyond 28 days when you do die , when Covid has raped most of your organs, blood clots etc

we don't know the long term effects of the Chinese Virus ,vaccines ,deaths from NON covid related illness who can't get to hospital etc etc etc

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2021, 14:16:51 »

We're all gona die  :o

I've said a few times that the covid death numbers based on kicking the bucket within 28 days of a positive test is naff  :(
but excess deaths gives an indication of the seriousness of it .
now Doctors are getting better at treating Chinese Virus ,chances are it will be beyond 28 days when you do die , when Covid has raped most of your organs, blood clots etc

we don't know the long term effects of the Chinese Virus ,vaccines ,deaths from NON covid related illness who can't get to hospital etc etc etc

Sorry Dave, but you are not allowed to refer to covid this way. It's racist and every other 'ist' there is. You need to be more woke.

I believe the term 'kung flu' is still considered PC. :) ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 January 2021, 14:28:53 »

Sorry Dave, but you are not allowed to refer to covid this way. It's racist and every other 'ist' there is. You need to be more woke.

I believe the term 'kung flu' is still considered PC. :) ;)
No , It's a VIrus that came from China  ::)
Donald said so ,it's been on the news
is eating "French bread"  racist or Brussel sprouts  :-\
Plus ,I'm reminding everyone which slit eye, rice n bat munching oiks are responsible for the current sh!tstorm  ;D :D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 January 2021, 14:36:12 »

Just for comparison, I can vaguely recall this -

https://youtu.be/60uRgywKhKk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment

FWIW, I think we're generally far more resilient to stress than we (or the media) might believe.

I agree. But stress/worry/anxiety/ mental health issues appears to be more of a thing here in the west than it is in, say, Africa. Why?

No idea..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OAvQUD6O5s

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 January 2021, 15:33:12 »

Genuine mental health problems are often horrific for the sufferers and for their loved ones. Believe me, I know.
The problem now is that like many other things, it is being demeaned by the current fad of, if everything in life isnt perfect and ideal, then you must have mental health issues.
If you cant always get what you want, if your a bit bored or fed up, you have mental health issues.
Its fickin disfraceful.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 January 2021, 16:15:21 »

Genuine mental health problems are often horrific for the sufferers and for their loved ones. Believe me, I know.
The problem now is that like many other things, it is being demeaned by the current fad of, if everything in life isnt perfect and ideal, then you must have mental health issues.
If you cant always get what you want, if your a bit bored or fed up, you have mental health issues.

Exactly ^^ this.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 January 2021, 16:20:45 »

I suspect that had it been a thin back in the 70s, all of us would have been diagnosed with something more PC than me being a simpleton.  After all, nobody here has all their dogs on one lead, do they?

But because we couldn't be labelled with anything other than a simpleton or a spaz, which we had to accept rather than get all upset over, we all came out mostly OK.

Thats the difference.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2021, 17:00:29 »

I suspect that had it been a thin back in the 70s, all of us would have been diagnosed with something more PC than me being a simpleton.  After all, nobody here has all their dogs on one lead, do they?

But because we couldn't be labelled with anything other than a simpleton or a spaz, which we had to accept rather than get all upset over, we all came out mostly OK.

Thats the difference.

Reminds me of those three-wheeled spaz chariots that used to be around in the seventies. Always finished in a fetching shade of pale blue if memory serves. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 January 2021, 17:16:40 »

Thats the difference.

Reminds me of those three-wheeled spaz chariots that used to be around in the seventies. Always finished in a fetching shade of pale blue if memory serves. :)
I'm a bit worried about your memory, actually. You must have mentioned that fact at least five times, possibly a lot more. Is your short term memory on it's way out?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 January 2021, 17:21:24 »

Thats the difference.

I'm a bit worried about your memory, actually. You must have mentioned that fact at least five times, possibly a lot more. Is your short term memory on it's way out?

Remembered what?

I can't remember what I have just remembered. :)

What was it again?

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2021, 17:29:00 »

Have a few sherbets, always works for me but I've been crackers for years..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2021, 17:41:22 »

^^^  Totally agree

It now seems to be a requirement of everyone to have some sort of "label" they can quote on farcebook ... be it "my kids have abcdefg" to "I have xyz" as it simply enables them to blame someone or something else or "the system" if they can ...  rather than taking responsibility for their own lives.

It is also seen by many as a way of trying to get extra cash from benefits/charities etc etc, and now a free laptop for their poor little offspring....
« Last Edit: 28 January 2021, 17:46:42 by Entwood »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2021, 19:01:12 »

A lot of prisoners used to suffer from mental health issues so they claimed ,personally I never believed the whining bastards.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.