Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Removing the auxiliary coolant pump, V6

<< < (2/2)

STEMO:

--- Quote from: GastronomicKleptomaniac on 29 June 2022, 14:32:02 ---I've taken a different approach... took the internals out, check it's leakproof... bolt together with no impeller and leave it in place. It'll work!

As I say I never need it. And if the car does more than 1000 miles a year it'll be a miracle :y

--- End quote ---
If the car starts up it will be a miracle  ;D

GastronomicKleptomaniac:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 29 June 2022, 14:33:11 ---
--- Quote from: GastronomicKleptomaniac on 29 June 2022, 14:32:02 ---I've taken a different approach... took the internals out, check it's leakproof... bolt together with no impeller and leave it in place. It'll work!

As I say I never need it. And if the car does more than 1000 miles a year it'll be a miracle :y

--- End quote ---
If the car starts up it will be a miracle  ;D

--- End quote ---

You're not wrong there...

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 29 June 2022, 11:44:21 ---....

I think it is a pump that is used on many vehicles that have auxiliary (diesel burning) heaters. IIRC SWMBOs diesel Galaxy had one which I replaced in a futile attempt to get cabin heat on journeys of less than 100miles. ...

--- End quote ---
That's a different thing. As GK says, the extra pump under the header tank is so you can run your heater with the engine off. My Omega never had this pump in the first place.
My R Class had the same set up & I used it about twice in 4 or 5 years so I doubt GK will miss is it if it doesn't work.

Andy H:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 30 June 2022, 10:52:18 ---

I think it is a pump that is used on many vehicles that have auxiliary (diesel burning) heaters. IIRC SWMBOs diesel Galaxy had one which I replaced in a futile attempt to get cabin heat on journeys of less than 100miles. ...

--- End quote ---
That's a different thing. As GK says, the extra pump under the header tank is so you can run your heater with the engine off. My Omega never had this pump in the first place.
My R Class had the same set up & I used it about twice in 4 or 5 years so I doubt GK will miss is it if it doesn't work.

--- End quote ---
My point is that it is a generic pump and easily obtainable

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 30 June 2022, 11:21:08 ---
--- Quote from: Andy B on 30 June 2022, 10:52:18 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
My point is that it is a generic pump and easily obtainable

--- End quote ---
Sorry .... I mis-read what you meant.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version