Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

High temperature on highway in summer

(1/4) > >>

olm:
Well, it turns out that when taking the car out on the highway at more than 100km/h, now with the heat the temperature is rising little by little, it rose to 97°C, I stopped accelerating and the temperature dropped again. If I go 90-100 km/h the car runs fine. It does not pick up pressure or raise the level of coolant, so it seems that the cylinder heads are fine, the water pump I put new 3 years ago and about 25000kms. The radiator has been cleaned and the thermostat new. Could it be one of the cooling sensors? Do water pumps fail? Let's see what you think

Lizzie Zoom:
I have always found the 3.2, and 3.0 before, always is a hot engine and in Summer weather can often get up close to being at the 95+ degree mark.

Never had any problem with that and always found the tempreture drops just as you think you are going to blow! ;D ;D

:)

Doctor Gollum:
Some perspective. What's the outside temperature when you're doing this?

biggriffin:
If you put an pfl auto radiator in,using the in built cooler,will run about 5' cooler,  3.2 runs slightly warmer than 3.0L..

Blow the radiator fins out,from the back forward, if still warm change the thermostat, still runs warm, might be a blockage, check rad gets warm all over.

Raeturbo:
I suppose if you’re going to flush do the heater at the same time👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version