Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Overheating almost

(1/6) > >>

Webby the Bear:
Word men. Hope u r all good.

2.5 v6. Owned this car for many years now. Know it like the back of my hand. When on motorway it sits exactly at 90 degrees. Maybe touch under.

Round town and traffic etc. it creeps up to 95. Fans kick in. Down to 85. It then creeps up to 95. Fans cut in. And repeat.

Now a few times around town it’s creeping up to 105. Fans cut in and it doesn’t go in the red.

Obviously the fans work. However am i right that there are two can switches.. one for standard fan speed and one for omg about to explode speed. I’m guessing the standard speed one is playing up.

So 2 questions… 1.) which is the fan switch that I need to replace and 2.) is there any other possibilities?

No coolant loss or anything odd other than this 👍

Webby the Bear:
*fan switches, not ‘can’ switches  ;D

Nick W:
I think you'll find one switch does both fans. It's in the radiator, next to the N/S headlight.

I'd change it and see if the symptoms change. New ones usually have the one and off temperatures marked on them.

biggriffin:
Oh looke here, he might have the fans..
https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=149287.0

Stu.C:
Lovingly auto-translooted from a German thread I was perchance reading the other evening;

--- Quote ---The S88 sits at the top of the radiator and the S128 at the bottom.
The S128 is the first stage (95°C/90°C) and the emergency shutdown air conditioning (120°C/115°C)
The S88 with the second (100°C/95°C) and the third (110°C/105°C) stage.
The cross-flow pump (M54) of the trailing cooling, sits on the newer V6 engines, on the upper left side of the radiator. It ensures coolant circulation after turning off the hot/overheated engine.  This prevents steam bubbles from forming in the coolant circuit at hotspots in the head, which would push the coolant out of the head. It is switched directly via Ignition Plus (KL.15) and runs whenever the ignition is switched on.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version