Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Display Drivers

(1/2) > >>

Martin_1962:
So you want to fit an aftermarket head unit into your Omega, well what you need is a display driver.

This enables you to see the current CD MD or radio station on the display, and control with the steering wheel controls.

The company you need is Connects2 - www.connects2.com, they have a good on line help system with real people on the end.

Lets talk Sony - well it is a good place to start - especially if you have Mini Disc.

There are two adaptors available. DOPS004 (replaces DOPS002) and DOSP005 (replaces DOPS003) the only difference is the lead.

The DOPS004 has three two row plugs, and the DOPS005 has two two row plugs and one three row plug. I have noted down the differences and will post them when I find them.

If you hace a facelift you want DOPS005 - the Fisher Price CD player has this connection. Earlier Omegas appear to use the 004 - both CD head unit and cassette head unit were.

If you are not sure remove the head unit and look at the socket in the back of it.

I am also investigating an Autoleads PC9 350 but so far it just gets in the way and is only used for its three row socket (yes I shoved the Connects2 adaptor cables in it to convert my DOPS004 to a 005).

Now fitting these parts can be a problem - there is very little room in the dash, you have two choices.

1) Cut and join as many aftermarket looms into one as possible.
2) Extend and shove behind glove box

Edited - this is the layout of the third socket

DOPS005 has 3 rows in the top block DOPS004 2 rows

XX-XX-XX
-XX-XX-
XA-BC-XX

vs
AXXXXXXX
BCXXXXXX

ABC are display driving cables

The Barge Captain:
Ok , with you so far, however:
I fitted a boggy panasonic cd/radio into the barge which came with an iso plug already on it, so pretty much plug and pray, however when the head unit is switched on the date disapears from the dash matrix. Is there any easy fix for this?

Also, if i reconfigured the power to the head unit to permanantly live, the matrix and window switches are permanantly on. Is it worth the effort of dragging the thing out to cure/modify?

Martin_1962:
They do that blanking thing - thats why a display driver is nice - have a look at connects2 web site and see if one is listed

markey mark:
i have a kenwood cd head unit and do miss having the display on the mid will have a look into this and report back  8-)

Martin_1962:
COnnects2 list one but it is for single DIN if you have a prefacelift this is probably OK, however the differences between the SOny single DIN and double DIN are minimal - see my top post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version