Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 22:33:29 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by YZ250
I'm currently running Goodyear Eagles but this is the third set I've had that have split in the tread grooves.

This was what I posted in 2018 regarding Goodyear Eagles splitting. I'll try to dig out the photo so that others can see the amount of tread left compared to the split. It's a shame as I liked them as a tyre.

on: Today at 22:29:47 
Started by STEMO - Last post by JamesV6CDX
I'd want a written guarantee that the 'upgrade' will only improve the car before letting any authorised repairer anywhere near the car.
I should have asked Google before my knee jerk post, Nick. There is no way her car is going for a remap that will reduce power and increase consumption, just to save a few noxes. As it is not a safety recall, there is no mention of it on DVSA, so it can be MOT'd as normal. Just not at Vx, because the sneaky bastards would do it as a matter of course.

Absolutely this, Steve.

on: Today at 22:29:18 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Rangie
Washed & vacuumed the Range Rover after 10 days of driving around the Yorkshire Moors area, hate seeing it mucky now gleaming & tucked away in the garage.

on: Today at 21:34:42 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by Nick W
https://youtu.be/UftETsSi4cs

I rather like the idea of a bike engine in a small car.

Nick W will tell you that bike engines don't produce enough power or torque.......although I'm pretty sure a 1340cc 4 cylinder Hayabusa lump produces more power and torque than a twin cylinder 499cc Fiat engine from 1957. ::) ::) ;)

It's not just the amount, but where the power and torque are produced. A 1.0l engine that makes 100hp by revving to 12,000rpm with not much except noise under 4000 and drives a 24" diameter tyre through a six speed gearbox attached to a 200kg vehicle is not necessarily suited to a car that weighs 4 times that. 6 times if it's a modern car ::)

Where in the rev range does a Hayabusa produce less power and torque than a Fiat 500?

Yeah..yeah...I know. Not exactly a fair comparison. ::) ::) :D

Don't get me wrong, a bike engine in the right car(like a basic Caterham) is a laugh. For as long as the owner lets you borrow it :y

Have you ever tried something like a 1.7 Puma? That's a high revving, short geared, small car that's fun until you turn off the country road and makes you wish you'd bought a 'normal' car.

on: Today at 21:12:33 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Rangie
Four new Yokohamas on the Range Rover earlier in the year 20 inch wheels 620 didn't think that was too bad.

on: Today at 20:50:43 
Started by Sir Tigger QC - Last post by dave the builder
if you did sit in the car then the M25 protesters could block your road for you to highlight your plight  :)
then you could have your house wrapped in polystyrene and render , ruining the look  ::)
Couldn't my house be wrapped in M25 protestors?
possibly , if you nailed them on well  :D

on: Today at 20:50:06 
Started by Sir Tigger QC - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
if you did sit in the car then the M25 protesters could block your road for you to highlight your plight  :)
then you could have your house wrapped in polystyrene and render , ruining the look  ::)

Yes of course, but I expect they'd quickly get on your tits!  ;D

on: Today at 20:37:50 
Started by Sir Tigger QC - Last post by STEMO

on: Today at 20:26:46 
Started by Sir Tigger QC - Last post by dave the builder

on: Today at 20:21:38 
Started by LC0112G - Last post by STEMO
Sounds like a " New Omega " would fit the bill perfectly  ;) ;D    https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=148673.0

It's actually available if anyone is interested
Where's the for sale thread, Jon?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 12 queries.