Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: £8.77 !  (Read 1242 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
£8.77 !
« on: 17 January 2021, 21:28:39 »

Sat at work with time on my hands, so decided top update my spreadsheet on Omega maintenance.
Not including purchase price, fuel, VED, or insurance my total spend to date, during four and a half years ownership has been £2991.63.
So if I spend another £8.77 it will reach the magic £3000 !  ::) ;D
On the one hand its madness spending that on an old Omega with almost 190k on the clock.
On the other hand some of it would have been spent maintaining any car, and its actually a pretty inexpensive four and a half years worth of motoring by todays standards.
Im sure Lord Opti loses that amount every few months in depreciation on his Jaaaaag.
At the end of the day its a lovely old thing to drive, as I was reminded when I drove it to work tonight, on its new front tyres.
Still brings a smile to my ugly mug when I drive it, so worth every penny to me.  :)
I still have a (pretty short) to do list, but it shouldnt involve much spending now. More about a bit more paint improvement / renovation and minor stuff like that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: £8.77 !
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2021, 21:44:11 »

£1.82 a day  :)
a costa coffee costs more than that  :P
and now it's more or less sorted ,you may as well keep hold of it for another few years  :y
anything else will see your £1.82 daily spend more like a weekly shop with depreciation and other costs

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2021, 21:57:54 »

I think the really sad thing is that you have a spreadsheet.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2021, 22:25:21 »

£1.82 a day  :)
a costa coffee costs more than that  :P
and now it's more or less sorted ,you may as well keep hold of it for another few years  :y
anything else will see your £1.82 daily spend more like a weekly shop with depreciation and other costs

I like your man maths Dave. Im going to remember that Cost coffee thing, in case swmbo ever finds out.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2021, 22:27:03 »

I think the really sad thing is that you have a spreadsheet.  ;D

I might have known you would fickin pipe up.  ::) ;D
I do this for all my vehicles. Have done for years. I know its sad, but whats even sadder is that I get a great deal of satisfaction from it.  :-[ ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2021, 22:29:06 »

I spent more on my ML than I did on my first house in 1988 ..... it took me a long time to get my head around that  ??? ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2021, 13:32:00 »

Sat at work with time on my hands, so decided top update my spreadsheet on Omega maintenance.
Not including purchase price, fuel, VED, or insurance my total spend to date, during four and a half years ownership has been £2991.63.
So if I spend another £8.77 it will reach the magic £3000 !  ::) ;D
On the one hand its madness spending that on an old Omega with almost 190k on the clock.
On the other hand some of it would have been spent maintaining any car, and its actually a pretty inexpensive four and a half years worth of motoring by todays standards.
Im sure Lord Opti loses that amount every few months in depreciation on his Jaaaaag.
At the end of the day its a lovely old thing to drive, as I was reminded when I drove it to work tonight, on its new front tyres.
Still brings a smile to my ugly mug when I drive it, so worth every penny to me.  :)
I still have a (pretty short) to do list, but it shouldnt involve much spending now. More about a bit more paint improvement / renovation and minor stuff like that.

Every week......rather than every few months. Depreciation is starting to level out now though. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2021, 13:36:06 »

........and when at work try and actually do some WORK. ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2021, 13:42:33 »

Not required to work. Just have to be there.  ;) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.