Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a strange world we live in  (Read 2254 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
What a strange world we live in
« on: 20 October 2021, 07:35:00 »

This beggars belief

Charges ‘unlikely’ for bystanders who failed to report rape say prosecutors https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58949611
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: What a strange world we live in
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2021, 12:57:29 »

Indeed, unbelievable!!! >:( >:( >:(

The poor women must now feel that the whole world does not care about her and other women!  Here in the UK this is how it is now also going as so many "do not want to become involved" ; shame on them! >:(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2021, 17:51:32 »

They are cowards, a lot of them about these days.
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2021, 18:17:08 »

Don't want to get involved but they  filmed it on their mobiles pathetic human beings.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2021, 18:18:54 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2021, 18:20:28 »

All it needed was one of them to bother phoning the cops, or pushing the emergency button.
Didnt need any level of bravery, just a modicum of basic human decency.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2021, 12:21:09 »

I know there is a big thing at the moment, following the conviction of the copper who murdered that silly* girl in London.

Sadly, the fact remains, and will always remain, it is not safe for a woman to be alone in certain areas and certain times of the day.  Doesn't matter how many placards you hold up, or vigils, or chanting about change.  Not while you have a hole up your arse. I'd like to be able to wave a magic wand, but sadly, its what it is.

Legislation isn't going to help. Its already a life sentence to be convicted of rape, yet it still happens, especially to women (and I'm sure to men too, but with even more stigma attached, probably goes unreported).

I'm speaking about rape of strangers.  Assaults on non strangers are always going to be harder to get a reliable conviction on, as surely its going to boil down to one word against another.

* it was lockdown, why isn't anyone asking why she was visiting her mates miles away. Plus the obvious fact about a woman walking home alone at night.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2021, 12:34:07 »

I know there is a big thing at the moment, following the conviction of the copper who murdered that silly* girl in London.

Sadly, the fact remains, and will always remain, it is not safe for a woman to be alone in certain areas and certain times of the day.  Doesn't matter how many placards you hold up, or vigils, or chanting about change.  Not while you have a hole up your arse. I'd like to be able to wave a magic wand, but sadly, its what it is.

Legislation isn't going to help. Its already a life sentence to be convicted of rape, yet it still happens, especially to women (and I'm sure to men too, but with even more stigma attached, probably goes unreported).

I'm speaking about rape of strangers.  Assaults on non strangers are always going to be harder to get a reliable conviction on, as surely its going to boil down to one word against another.

* it was lockdown, why isn't anyone asking why she was visiting her mates miles away. Plus the obvious fact about a woman walking home alone at night.
Don't talk such utter f*cking shite. She was abducted, raped and murdered by someone who should have been protecting her. How the f*ck does the fact she was out alone at night make her 'silly', or in any way at fault?
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2021, 12:56:39 »

Nobody in this world can guarantee that a woman out alone at night will be safe.  So why was she out alone, walking miles, at night.  If you had a daughter, would you let her walk alone in the dark streets of South London?

I wish it wasn't that way. It shouldn't be that way. But it is. And always will be.

And she was silly, partly for being so stupid, but also because she clearly thought the laws didn't apply to her.  You could argue that her punishment was a little harsh.  But as somebody who clearly felt her needs were more important than everybody elses, she would have been on the cull list anyway.

The fact he was a policeman is shocking.  But that wasn't my point.  Yes, he was the criminal, she wasn't (though was, as she shouldn't have been out walking miles from her mates during covid lockdowns).  But if I walked though Bletchley Queensway with £10,000 cash in a clear plastic bag, I'd expect to be jumped. It would be a stupid thing to do.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2021, 13:07:42 »

Unusually for me, I have no words.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2021, 13:09:22 »

Yay, my work is complete...
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 October 2021, 13:15:51 »

Don't talk such utter f*cking shite. She was abducted, raped and murdered by someone who should have been protecting her. How the f*ck does the fact she was out alone at night make her 'silly', or in any way at fault?
He was hardly at work at the time...

If he had happened to own a vegan flower shop you would have heard a pin drop over the outrage :-X

These things tend to be preplanned or opportunist and you can't prevent either... You're already a victim or you're potentially a victim of timing.
You can be mindful of the former and defend against the latter to a degree, but that's a chance you take in life generally.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 October 2021, 14:16:22 »

Nor me - almost :(.

The only conclusion I can draw is that no-one should ever go out alone at night, and if they do, they deserve anything that happens to them. Even being raped and murdered by someone who is obviously a serving Policeman !
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2021, 14:38:13 »

He was hardly at work at the time...

If he had happened to own a vegan flower shop you would have heard a pin drop over the outrage :-X

These things tend to be preplanned or opportunist and you can't prevent either... You're already a victim or you're potentially a victim of timing.
You can be mindful of the former and defend against the latter to a degree, but that's a chance you take in life generally.
Does Jaime have to fully open his arse for you to get your tongue right up there?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2021, 14:52:31 »

https://youtu.be/3zLy6Z0hzBk

These 'girls' would be able to defend themselves. :)

30 seconds in the black girl brings up the knuckle. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2021, 19:08:50 »

Nor me - almost :(.

The only conclusion I can draw is that no-one should ever go out alone at night, and if they do, they deserve anything that happens to them. Even being raped and murdered by someone who is obviously a serving Policeman !
The fixation seems to be on the policeman. Yes, he was guilty, and the sentence he got was too soft.  The media are trying to suggest that it's the police's fault, which is probably unfair.

But leaving that to one side, and going back to the victim...

It was lockdown. Should she have been out, round her mates house?  No. Definitely not. It was illegal.

Is it safe for women to walk around alone in quieter parts of a major city?  Going by the local Oxford news, it seems that in Oxford, sexual assault, rape and attempted rape are sadly all too common, so I would say it is a significant risk. A risk that can be significantly reduced by not being alone, or using a taxi/bus/whatever.

There are men out there that are going to assault women for reasons that I find difficult to fathom, and the deterrent isn't stopping them.  That shouldn't be the case, but apparently it is.  The unwashed, unemployed, professional protesters can complain all they like about it, but the only possible fix I've heard from any of them whilst being interviewed was to stop men being allowed out after dark...   ...which is way beyond impractical.

Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.